Why is My Acer Laptop Making a Buzzing Noise?
An Acer laptop will make buzzing noises because of faulty speakers, outdated video and sound drivers, clogged cooling fans, clogged slot or a faulty hard drive.
- Faulty speakers
- Outdated device drivers
- Dirty cooling fans
- Damaged cooling fans
- Dirty driver slots
- Faulty hard drive
- Loose or broken wiring
Table of Contents
You can easily fix the problem by changing the speakers, updating the device drivers, cleaning the fans, and/or replacing the damaged cooling fans with new ones. Attending to loose or broken wiring will also solve the buzzing noise problem.
Why is My Acer Laptop Making a Static Noise?
Your Acer laptop may be making a static noise because of Acer True Harmony enabled in your laptop or outdated sound drivers.
You can easily fix the issue of your Acer laptop making a static noise by disabling the Acer True Harmony and deleting and reinstalling the sound drivers in your laptop.
- Acer True Harmony enabled
- Outdated or faulty sound drivers
How to Fix an Acer Laptop Buzzing Noise?
You can fix the buzzing noise in an Acer laptop by changing the speakers, updating the device drivers, cleaning the cooling fans and replacing the broken/damaged cooling fans of your laptop.
To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Check the wiring of the speakers to see if all the connections are firm and stable. If there is no problem with the connections and the speakers have gone bad, you will need to replace the speakers of your laptop.
- Update the device drivers from the Control Panel of your laptop. Go to the Control Panel window and select the Devices and Hardware option from the list.
- Right-click the name of each device driver and click the Update option to begin updating the drivers. If updating the drivers doesn’t solve the issue, try deleting the drivers and reinstalling them by downloading the drivers from the official provider’s website.
- Clean the cooling fans of your Acer laptop with the help of a blow dryer, cleaning alcohol and a very soft or microfiber cloth.
- Assess the fans to see if they are cracked or broken from any place. If you see any damage, you will need to replace the fans to stop the buzzing noise coming from your Acer laptop.
- Clean all the driver slots by using a blow dryer to remove any dust that may have gotten trapped in the slots. You can also use a very fine paintbrush to clean the tiny chips located inside the ports.
- Troubleshoot the issues related to hard drives from the Control Panel.
- Unplug all the cables and connect them again firmly to establish secure and strong connections among the different elements of your laptop.
How to Fix an Acer Laptop Static Noise?
You can fix an Acer laptop making a static noise by disabling the Acer True Harmony option and reinstalling the sound drivers on your laptop.
- Open the Sound Properties of your Acer laptop.
- Right-click the speaker icon present in the pop-up window.
- Go to the Playback Devices option.
- Select the Speakers option followed by Properties. You will see multiple tabs on the top of the pop-up window.
- Deselect the TrueHarmony option.
- To reinstall the sound drivers on your laptop, you will first need to delete the existing drivers. Go to the Control Panel and select the Device Drivers option. Right-click the name of the sound drivers present on the left-hand side of the window.
- Select the Uninstall option to delete the sound drivers. Go to the official website of your sound drivers’ provider. Enter the name and specifications of your Acer laptop.
- Download the compatible sound drivers to your laptop.
- When the download completes, go to the location of the downloaded files. Right-click the name of the file and select the Run as Administrator option to start installing the drivers. Follow the prompts given by your laptop and install the sound drivers in your laptop.
Why Does My Acer Laptop Make a Buzzing Sound when Watching Videos?
Your Acer laptop may be making a buzzing sound when watching videos because of faulty video drivers installed in your laptop. It may also be due to dust trapped in the cooling fans of your laptop. This is because when you watch high-definition videos, there is extra heat produced by the laptop.
When the cooling fans are unable to stabilize the temperature of the laptop because of trapped dust, it makes a buzzing sound.
You can fix this issue by cleaning the cooling fans and reinstalling the video drivers on your Acer laptop.
- To clean the cooling fans of your laptop, blow some compressed air into the fans and use a microfiber cloth dipped in cleaning alcohol to wipe the remaining dust off the blades of the fans.
- To reinstall the video drivers on your laptop, you need to delete the existing drivers from your computer. Go to the Control Panel of your laptop and select the Drivers and Hardware option.
- Right-click the name of the video drivers, which are already installed on your laptop. Select the Uninstall option to delete the drivers.
- Go to the official website of your video driver’s manufacturer. Enter the name, serial number and other specifications of your Acer laptop and download the compatible video drivers to your laptop.
- Go to the downloaded file location and right-click on the file. Select the Run as Administrator option to start the installation process. Follow the prompts given by your laptop and let the drivers get installed in your laptop.
Why Does the Acer Laptop Make a Buzzing Noise When Plugged In?
Your Acer laptop may make a buzzing noise when plugged in because of several problems like speaker malfunction, the cooling fans running at the highest speed, internal damage to the motherboard, dust clogging the cooling fans, a faulty laptop charger or a damaged motherboard.
You can fix the issue by trying the solutions given below:
- Remove the battery of your Acer laptop and plug in your laptop to see if it still makes the buzzing sound. If the buzzing sound stops, it indicates that the laptop’s battery is causing the sound and needs to be replaced with a new one.
- Plug a different AC adapter into your laptop and see if the laptop still makes a buzzing sound. If it doesn’t, then you have a faulty charger that needs to be replaced.
- Remove the hard drive to see if the buzzing sound disappears. If it doesn’t, then your hard drive needs to be replaced.
- Clean the cooling fans of your laptop and see if the buzzing sound from your laptop stops.
How to Stop Buzzing Noise Coming from Acer Aspire 5?
Your Acer Aspire 5 may be making a buzzing noise because of faulty connections between the various components of your laptop, bad drivers, cracked fans or failing hard drives.
You can fix the issue of your Acer Aspire 5 laptop making a buzzing sound by:
- Check the wiring in your laptop to see if they are firmly connected and if all the wires are free from cracks or any other damage.
- Remove all the connections and unplug the cables back to establish a strong connection between the components of your laptop.
- If you have bad drivers installed on your computer, you must delete them and install a fresh batch of drivers by downloading them from the official websites of the providers and proceeding with their installation.
- Open the casing of your laptop and look at the cooling fans to see if the blades have any cracks or are broken. If you have damaged blades, you will need to replace the cooling fans of your laptop with new ones.
- If you have a failing hard drive, it may be a cause for the buzzing sound coming from your Acer Aspire 5 laptop. You can troubleshoot the issues from the Control Panel of your laptop. If the issue still persists, you will need to replace the hard drive with a new one.
How to Stop Buzzing Noise Coming from Acer Nitro 5?
Your Acer Nitro 5 laptop may be making a buzzing sound because of broken cooling fans or dust stuck in between the blades of the cooling fans.
There are several factors that determine the amount of dust that enters the area between the blades of the cooling fans such as ventilation in your workspace, pollution levels in your area, the rounds of cleaning that you do to remove the dust from the fans and so on.
To fix the issue of your Acer Nitro 5 laptop making a buzzing sound, follow the steps given below:
- Open the casing of your laptop and see if the blades of the cooling fans are broken or damaged in any way. If you don’t see any damage to the fans, there is probably dust stuck in the fans.
- Use a flashlight to assess the dust deposit on the fans of your laptop.
- Clean the fans by blowing pressurized air inside them. You can also dismantle the fans and clean the individual blades.
- To clean the blades separately, pour some cleaning alcohol on a very soft piece of cloth. Gently wipe the blades of the fans with this cloth to remove any dirt and dust deposits from the area.
- Assemble the fans back and close the casing of your laptop. Start your Acer Nitro 5 laptop to see if the buzzing sound stops.
How to Stop Buzzing Noise Coming from Acer Swift?
Your Acer Swift laptop may be making a buzzing noise because of faulty speakers and video drivers. You can fix this issue by updating the drivers of your laptop and checking the speakers for faults.
To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Check your speakers to see if there is dust trapped in them. If you see the speakers clogged with dust, clean them using a blow dryer and a microfiber cloth.
- If you find your video drivers to be outdated, update the drivers by going to the Control Panel of your laptop.
- To do this, type Control Panel in your search bar and press Enter to open the Control Panel window. Go to the Devices and Hardware option.
- On the left-hand side, you will see the list of devices and hardware connected to your laptop.
- Right-click the name of the video driver installed on your computer. Select the Update option if it is present.
- If you don’t see the Update option, click the Uninstall option to delete the existing video drivers from your laptop.
- Launch the official website of the provider of your video drivers. Enter the name and specifications of your laptop. Download the drivers to your laptop.
- Once the download completes, right-click the name of the downloaded file and select the Run as Administrator option to install the driver back in your computer.
How to Stop Buzzing Noise Coming from Acer Spin?
You can stop your Acer Spin laptop from making a buzzing noise by cleaning the different ports in your laptop. The buzzing sound may come because of clogged ports or dirty fans in your laptop.
Follow the steps given below to fix the issue:
- Disassemble the fans of your laptop. Pour some amount of cleansing alcohol on a microfiber cloth and gently clean the fan blades by wiping off any dust present on them.
- Reassemble the fans and start your laptop to see if the issue persists.
- To clean the ports of your laptop like USB port, HDMI port, etc., use an air dryer to blow pressurized air into the ports. This will remove any dust sticking inside the ports.
- Always leave enough space around your laptop to ensure there is proper ventilation.
- If the issue of Acer Spin making a buzzing noise is still there, you can try cleaning the motherboard of your laptop. To clean the motherboard, you will need to remove the battery and then clean each clip present on the motherboard using a microfiber cloth dipped in cleaning alcohol.