Why does my Arris modem keep disconnecting?
Your Arris modem may keep disconnecting because of loose connections, an unstable internet connection, outdated firmware or an external device trying to make a connection with the network connection.
- Loose or broken cable connections
- Unstable internet connection
- Intruder trying to connect to the internet without permission
- Outdated network drivers or firmware
How to fix Arris modem that keeps disconnecting and going offline?
You can fix the Arris modem that keeps disconnecting and going offline by checking the wires, changing the network channel, creating a strong password for your Wi-Fi and/or updating the firmware of your network connection.
To fix this, follow the steps given below:
- A faulty cable with cracks or worn-out insulation can lead to the Arris modem going offline. Check the wires to see if there is any fraying or breakage. Replace the wires if you spot any kind of physical damage in the wires going in and out of the modem.
- Increase the bandwidth of your network channel and try placing your work devices near the router.
- Always keep a strong password for your network connection to prevent anyone from intruding on your internet connection without permission.
- Update the drivers and firmware installed in your laptop or computer by downloading their updated versions from the manufacturer’s website and the official website of your internet provider.
- Check the power outlet to see if there is enough power received by the Arris modem to work efficiently.
Why does my Arris modem keep resetting?
Your Arris modem may keep resetting because of a lost connection to the internet service provider, loose cables, a faulty modem or outdated firmware installed on the computer.
- Lost connection to the ISP
- Loose cables
- Network connection undergoing maintenance
- Faulty equipment
- Outdated or corrupted firmware
Why is my Arris modem us/ds light blinking?
Your Arris modem US/DS light may be blinking because of disconnection in the US communication channel even when the DS is locking the downstream signal.
You can fix this problem by trying the solutions below:
- Check the cables to spot any physical damage in the wires. Make sure that the cables have a proper layer of insulation on them.
- Remove the cables and plug them back in to ensure a tight connection.
- Check the signal levels of your internet connection. Make sure that your modem is receiving the minimum connection bandwidth.
If the problem still doesn’t go away, you can try contacting the customer support center and get it fixed by a technician.
How to fix an Arris modem that keeps resetting?
You can fix an Arris modem that keeps resetting by checking the cable connections, contacting your internet service provider, removing the extra devices connected to your modem, preventing the overheating of the modem, updating the modem firmware or checking with your customer support. To do this, follow the steps given below.
- Give the modem some time to connect to the internet. Sometimes, the network connection may keep dropping and lead to the modem resetting again and again.
- Check the power outlets to see if the modem is receiving enough power. Inspect the power cable and make sure that there are no cracks or fraying in the wire.
- Check the coax cables of your modem and ensure that it is tightly connected to the modem.
- Remove the extra devices that are connected to your modem. Sometimes when there are too many devices trying to make a connection with the modem, the modem may keep resetting itself.
- Increase the frequency of your network channel. For example, if the current frequency of your network channel is 2.4 GHz, then you can try changing it to 5 GHz.
- Always place your modem in a well-ventilated space to prevent overheating of your modem when it is working continuously for hours.
- Update the firmware of your modem by downloading the updates from the manufacturer’s official website.
If the problem still persists, you should contact the customer services center of your modem and get it resolved.
Arris modem Flashing Light Codes Chart
|LED Color||Meaning||What to do|
|No color||No power received by modem||Power the modem up.|
|Red light||Device not booting up correctly||Plug the power cord back in.|
|Flashing green light||Trying to connect to the internet||Wait for a few minutes.|
|Solid green light||Internet is connected||No action is needed.|
|Blinking Blue||Broadband connection is trying to connect||Wait for a few minutes or reset the modem.|
Why is my Arris modem blinking blue?
Your Arris modem may be blinking blue light because of the modem trying to establish an internet connection.
If the blue light on your Arris modem keeps blinking and doesn’t turn solid after a few minutes, try the steps below:
- Check the wires to see if there are any interruptions in the wiring.
- Reset the modem by pressing the reset button. You can find the reset button at the back of the modem. Press and hold this button for 15-20 seconds.
- Keep a strong password for your Wi-Fi connection so that no unauthorized devices can connect to your internet.
If the problem still doesn’t go away, remove all the cables in your modem and plug them back in.
Why is my Arris modem red light blinking?
Your Arris modem may have a red light blinking to indicate a slow internet connection or no internet connection. You can fix this issue by ensuring a good network connection or resetting your network connection.
- Check the power outlet to see if there is an active electrical connection.
- Check the power cable to see if it has any cracks or damaged insulation.
- Examine the modem to spot any hardware damage.
- Move the modem close to the browsing device.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider to solve the issue of slow internet.
Why is my Arris modem orange light flashing?
Your Arris modem may have an orange light flashing because of a stable internet connection but the data traffic is in progress. The orange light should stop blinking within a few minutes. But if it doesn’t, then try the solutions given below.
- Check the wiring to see any defects and set it right.
- Check the ethernet cable and coax cable to see if their insulation layer is fraying or not. In case of damaged cables, replace them with new ones.
- Restart your Arris modem by pressing down on the power button for five seconds. Wait for some time and press the power button again to boot up the modem.
Why is my Arris modem green light flashing?
Your Arris modem may have a green light flashing because of the modem trying to establish a stable internet connection. The green light must become solid after a few seconds.
If the green light on your Arris modem doesn’t stop blinking try the steps below:
- Reboot your modem by removing the power cable. Wait for a few seconds before plugging the power adapter back in.
- Press the power button and hold it for five seconds or till the modem restarts.
- Update the firmware of your modem by downloading the updates from the manufacturer’s website. To do this, you have to enter the model number of your modem and other specifications.
Why is my Arris modem Red light flashing?
If you have a red light blinking on your Arris modem, it may be because of lack of power or no internet connection.
You can fix this issue by following the steps given below:
- Check the electrical connection in the power outlet connected to your modem. Make sure there is enough power going into the modem.
- Check the ethernet cable to see if it is broken at any place.
- If there are any hardware issues in your modem, replace it with a new one.
If the problem still persists, contact your internet service provider.
Arris Wi-Fi is connected but I have no internet
If you are facing a problem with your Arris Wi-Fi connected but no internet, it may be because of hardware or connectivity issues with your modem, cable issues, overfilled modem memory or problems in the base network device that is responsible for transmitting the internet connection.
You can fix this problem of Wi-Fi connected but no internet in your Arris modem by trying the solutions given below:
- Perform a power cycle on your modem by powering OFF your Arris modem. Wait for some time to allow the modem to cool down.
- Remove the power adapter from the modem and plug it back in after a few seconds. Power up your modem and see if the internet works or not.
- Troubleshoot the cable issues by removing the ethernet and power cables from your modem.
- Keep your modem in an open space where there is a good flow of air. Make sure that there is no sunlight falling on the modem. Clean all the dust from the modem as it can lead to overheating of the modem.
- Release your network connection by unplugging all the devices from your modem. Check the connection between the router and the modem to see if it is okay.
- Right-click the Network icon on the taskbar and select the Troubleshoot Network issues option. Wait till the troubleshooting process is completed.
- Reset the DNS of your system by selecting the Network Connections option. Choose the Change Adapter option and select the network connection. Click the Properties button and select the Protocol Version tab.
- Choose the Properties option and turn ON the Obtain IP automatically and Obtain DNS automatically options. Click OK to save your changes.
Why does my Arris Surfboard sb6183 modem keep disconnecting?
Your Arris Surfboard sb6183 modem may keep disconnecting because of poor internet connection or wiring issues in your modem. It can also happen because of the outdated firmware of your modem.
You can fix this issue by trying the solutions given below:
- Check the wires connected to your modem and make sure that the connections are tight and free from any kind of hindrance.
- Check with your Internet Service Provider in case of poor connection strength.
- Update the firmware of your modem by downloading the latest version. To do this, go to the manufacturer’s official website and enter the modem number and any other specifications of your Arris Surfboard sb6183 modem.
- Reset your modem by pressing and holding the reset button for 15-20 seconds. Turn your modem ON and see if the problem goes away.
Why does my Arris sb8200 modem keep dropping connection?
Your Arris sb8200 modem may keep dropping connection because of poor access to the internet connection or interruptions in the wiring of your modem.
You can fix this issue in the following ways:
- Check the wires going in and out of your modem to locate any cracks or other defects. You must replace the wires having a damaged layer of insulation.
- Try removing the cables and plugging them back in after blowing some air in the ports. This is because dust may get trapped in the ports leading to interference in the network connection.
- If the modem still keeps dropping the connection, try resetting the modem by pressing and holding the reset button for 10 seconds. The reset button is typically located at the back of the modem and is slightly depressed. You will need a paper clip or a similar pointed object to press this button.
How to reset an Arris modem?
You can reset an Arris modem in two ways. One way is by pressing the reset button, and the second way is by logging in to the router web interface.
To reset your Arris modem, follow the steps below:
- Find the reset button of your Arris modem. This button is mostly present at the backside of the modem. If you are unable to spot it, you can refer to the manual for finding the location of the button.
- Use a pen or a paper clip to press this button. Hold the button for around 15 seconds. This will initiate the resetting process for your Arris modem. Let the modem reset completely, which may take a few minutes.
- To reset the modem using the web interface of the router, log in to your modem.
- Click the Security tab or Utilities tab and find the option for factory reset. Select this option to reset your Arris modem to its default settings. You will need to wait for a few minutes after choosing the option to let the modem reset completely.