Why does my mobile phone screen have a blue tint?
Your mobile phone screen may have a blue tint because of liquid or physical damage to the screen, a corrupt software update or newly installed apps.
- Liquid or physical damage to screen
- Corrupt software update
- Newly installed apps
Liquid or physical damage
The mobile phone screen may show a blue tint if it has been dropped accidentally. Alternatively, if you have unknowingly placed your phone in water or any liquid, its screen may show a blue tint.
If the phone screen displays a blue tint after a software update, it’s likely that the hardware is not compatible with the updated software. This incompatibility can cause a blue tint. The most common software update is the operating system update or the UI update.
Newly installed apps
One or more newly installed apps may produce a blue tint on the mobile phone screen. The screen may not be compatible with the apps.
Can a blue tint on a cell phone be fixed?
Yes, the blue tint on a cell phone can be fixed most of the time. The fix can be done through the Settings menu.
You will have to select Accessibility in the Settings menu followed by Accessibility, Visibility Enhancements in the specified order and turn the Add color filter option OFF to remove the blue tint.
You can do a factory reset to return the screen of your cell phone to its default state.
How much does it cost to fix blue tint on an iPhone?
An iPhone that has blue tint on the screen will cost $100-$200 USD to repair if a new screen is required.
The exact cost to fix the blue tint on an iPhone depends on what caused the blue tint to appear. If the blue tint is due to instances such as a setting or a problematic update, you will not have to pay anything.
However, if the tint is due to a hardware issue like screen damage, the amount will depend on the extent of damage and the actual cost of the damaged component that has to be replaced. The minimum cost can be anywhere between $100 and $200.
You will often not need any tools to fix the blue tint issue. This is because the blue tint can usually be fixed by doing a few changes to the existing settings.
However, if you are trying to fix the blue tint due to a hardware issue with the help of a professional, tools like a Pentalobe screwdriver, a Phillips head screwdriver, a suction cup and tweezers may be needed.
How to remove blue tint from an iPhone screen?
You can remove the blue tint from an iPhone screen by checking for hardware issue, carrying out interrupted or failed software update or installing a compatible iOS version.
- Check for hardware issue
- Carry out interrupted or failed software update
- Install compatible iOS version
The following steps can help you to remove the blue tint from an iPhone screen:
- Your iPhone may have a hardware issue due to instances such as an accidental fall or getting wet. Seek the assistance of a professional to resolve this issue.
- Check for an uninterrupted or failed software update due to a network connection drop or the phone running out of juice in the midst of the update. Ensuring that the update takes place completely and properly should fix the problem.
- If you have downloaded the latest iOS version but it is not compatible with your phone, you may have to roll back to a previous version to get rid of the blue tint.
- Try doing a forced reset of your iPhone. To do this, press the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo shows on the screen and the device restarts completely.
- If none of the above fixes work, you can restore the phone to its default state with a factory reset.
How to remove blue tint from a Samsung Galaxy screen?
You can remove the blue tint from a Samsung Galaxy screen by turning OFF the Add color filter option through the Settings menu. This blue tint can be removed by following the steps outlined below.
- Navigate to the Settings
- Scroll down to the Accessibility
- Press the Visibility Enhancements option followed by Add color filter.
- Slide the Add color filter toggle button at the top to OFF position.
How to remove blue Tint from iPhone 12?
The iPhone 12 usually has a blue tint because the True Tone setting is activated. Turning this OFF can resolve the problem. This can be done as follows.
- Press Settings and select Display & Brightness from the list.
- Toggle the True Tone slider to the OFF position.
You can also check for faulty apps that fail to function properly and remove them or make sure that all your apps are updated through the app store.
To update all your apps in at the same time, follow the steps below:
- Open the App Store.
- Right-click the Account
- Select Update All to update all the installed apps. Optionally, you may scroll up or down and choose the app you wish to update and then press Update.
If none of the above methods work, a forced reset or a factory reset should help you find a solution to the problem.
How to force restart an iPhone 12:
- Hold the Volume button and the Power button on the side until you see the Slide to power off slider appear.
- Slide the slider to switch OFF your iPhone.
- Press and hold any Volume button and the Side power button. Release your finger when you see the Apple logo and wait for the phone to get turned ON.
The steps mentioned below can help you perform a factory reset on your phone.
If none of the above solutions work, resetting your iPhone to factory settings may help address the issue.
To restore your phone’s data after restoring the factory settings, make a backup of your data first.
- Connect your iPhone to a desktop or laptop computer with iTunes already installed. (If you don’t have a computer, you may ask for help at an authorized Apple store or service center.)
- Open iTunes and verify that it has discovered your iPhone. An iPhone symbol should display in the upper left menu row of iTunes.
- Click on this iPhone symbol to see your iPhone’s settings.
- Click the Restore iPhone…button in the Summary You will be asked to your confirm your decision.
- Let iTunes restore factory settings.
Your phone will now restart automatically with the default settings.
How to remove blue Tint from iPhone 11?
The blue tint in your iPhone 11 is often caused because the True Tone feature is activated to adjust the phone automatically to the ambient light situation. That does not indicate your phone’s screen is broken. Disable this functionality can help to remove the blue tint from your iPhone 11.
Follow the steps below to fix the blue tint issue on an iPhone 11:
- Go to Settings>Display & Brightness.
- Turn OFF True Tone by sliding the True Tone toggle button accordingly.
A blue tint may also be due to a damage as a result of a hardware issue for which you will need to seek the assistance of an expert to help you out.
If the blue tint appears as a result of an operating system update, you might have to reinstall the previous version.
In some cases, a pending iOS update may trigger a blue tint. You may have to enter your passcode to proceed with the update.