PC Keeps Making ABuzzing Noise While Gaming
Why Does My PC Keep Making A Buzzing Noise While Playing Games?
The main reason why a PC keeps making a buzzing noise while playing games is because of hardware issues like loose cables and screws, an overloaded CPU or faulty power supply.
- Dusty or obstructed fans
- Damaged CD/DVD ROM
- CPU Overload
- Overworked power supply
- Failing hard disk drives
- Coil whine
Dusty or Obstructed Fans
Your PC fans gather dust over time. Unfortunately, this hardware item is often left unnoticed. Clogged fans spin faster to cool down the PC, resulting in a buzzing noise. Clearing the fans will help reduce the sound.
Damaged CD/DVD ROM
DVD/CD ROMs generate noise when the CDs/DVDs inside them spin. This noise is nothing to worry about if it is low. However, loud sounds mean that the device is faulty. Getting it checked will help fix the issue.
Graphics-intensive games will require more power/memory from your computer. As a result, the CPU gets hot. CPU fans will then work extra to cool it down, producing a loud noise.
Overworked Power Supply
PSUs or power supplies work harder for the smooth streaming of games. This process generates heat. When the fans work to cool down the CPU, they make audible sounds.
Failing Hard Disk Drives
Worn-out components of a hard disk produce buzzing sounds. This noise is a warning sign for users who should arrange their replacement. The best thing is to back up your data and get a new hard drive.
Coil whine is a phenomenon where coils inside various CPU components start vibrating, generating audible sounds. It is mostly linked with GPUs and is under high stress when users are editing 4k videos or playing intensive games.
How Do You Fix A Computer That Buzzes When Playing Games?
To fix a computer that buzzes when playing games, try audio troubleshooting, updating audio drives, or reinitializing audio device.
Below, we discuss this step-by-step:
Audio Troubleshooter [Method 1]
- Go to Windows Setting.
- Click Troubleshoot in the Update & Security option.
- Select Additional troubleshooters.
- Click on Playing Audio.
- Select Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow on-screen instructions to get it resolved.
Update Audio Drivers [Method 2]
- Right-click on This PC on the desktop.
- Open Computer Management by clicking on Manage.
- On the left-side menu, you will see Device Manager; click on it.
- Expand Sound, video, and game controllers.
- Right-click on Properties after selecting your sound card.
- Click Update Driver on the Driver tab.
- Select Search automatically for drivers to install the updates.
Reinitialize Audio Device [Method 3]
- In the taskbar of your PC screen’s bottom-left side, you will find a speaker icon; click on it.
- Click Sounds.
- Go to the Playback tab and choose an alternate audio device; select Set as Default Device.
Why Is My PCBuzzing And Not Turning On?
The reason your PC buzzing and not turning on is because its drivers need to be updated.
- To update the drivers, go to the Safe mode.
- Follow on-screen instructions for all updates.
Why Do I Hear Static Noise When Playing Games?
The reason you hear static noise when playing games could be because of electronic interference from other devices. Electronic devices in your surroundings will emit electronic radiation that will cause static in the speakers/headphones.
The best way to deal with it is:
- Turn off electronic devices like a microwave that may be causing electromagnetic interference.
- See if there is some faulty hardware, for example, the input jack, and get it replaced.
- Run the audio troubleshooter to fix any internal Windows settings that may inadvertently be causing the static noise.
- Disable the audio enhancement feature.
- Update your audio drivers.
Why Do I Hear A Buzzing Noise In Speakers While Playing Games?
The reason you hear a buzzing noise in speakers while playing games is because of ground loops, poor wiring or electromagnetic interferences.
Some of the steps that can help fix the issue are as follows:
- Clean or upgrade the analog playback equipment.
- Correctly set the gain stages and match the speaker to the relevant amplifier.
- Wiggle the cables while listening to the audio to fix the hiss and hum from poor wiring.
- Eliminating the ground loop by connecting all the audio equipment to a single AC outlet.
- The above step will eliminate the AC line hum as well.
Why Do I Hear A Buzzing Noise In My Headphones While Playing Games?
The reason you hear a buzzing noise in your headphones while playing games is because of electromagnetic interference. You will need a high-quality DAC to get rid of this problem.
Nearby electronic devices emit electromagnetic radiation that causes buzzing sounds in your headphones. This problem may be fixed through the following steps:
- Install an external USB adapter or sound card
- Get a new USB gaming headset
- Get a new soundcard module
- Install a high-quality digital-to-analog (DAC) converter
Why Is Windows 10 Buzzing While Playing Games?
The reasons your Windows 10 may make buzzing sounds while you are playing games is because of the outdated audio driver or any new installations.
The following steps may help resolve the issue:
- Choose the Device Manager option from the Start Menu – it can be accessed by holding Windows + X keys simultaneously.
- Click on the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers option.
- Tap on Audio-System. Go to the Driver tab and click on Update Driver.
- You will see a pop-up window. Click on Search automatically for updated drivers.
- The operating system will install the available driver.
- You can use the PC repair tool as well to resolve the problem of buzzing noise. All you have to do is to hit on the Scan option and let the application fix the issues.
Why Is Windows 11 Buzzing While Playing Games?
The reason your Windows 11 PC may create buzzing sounds while you are playing games is because of faulty devices or connection and signal interrupters.
To resolve this issue:
- Ensure that your cables are fitted properly to the laptop or the computer.
- If the cables are well fit, you should check for any faults in the audio drivers.
- Bluetooth signals or other active electronic devices in the surroundings can also cause buzzing sounds. Turn off unnecessary devices to see if the sound goes away.
- Restart Windows 11; on the taskbar, select Start. On the bottom right, click on Power. From the list of options, click Restart.
- Run the audio troubleshooter to fix the issue. For this, navigate through the taskbar to find the speaker icon. Tap on the Troubleshoot sound problems.
- It will analyze all output devices and ask you which one you want to troubleshoot. Select the problematic one and click Next.
- The selected device will then be analyzed for problems, and the troubleshooter will offer possible solutions.
- The other step includes reinstalling the drivers. For this, open the Windows Run dialogue box by simultaneously holding the Windows + R keys.
- Type devmgmt.MSc in the text box to open Device Manager and click OK.
- Choose the sound, video, and game controllers option and right-click on the audio device. Select Update driver.
- Select the search automatically for the driver’s option to install the latest driver.
Why Is My Computer Making A Buzzing Noise In League Of Legends?
The reason your computer is making a buzzing noise in League of Legends is because of dusty or clogged fans or because you haven’t installed the latest software upgrade.
Here is a brief list of possible causes that may create this issue:
- Get your fans checked and clean them if there is dust build-up on it
- The problem can also be linked to your PSU. Get it to upgrade if that’s the case
- Lower down your FPS; it can be done by blocking it to 60 or 144
Why Is My Computer Making A Buzzing Noise In Valorant?
The main reason your computer is making a buzzing noise in Valorant is because the PC has a faulty fan or an overworked PSU.
- Games eat away a lot of CPU memory, and the PSU has to work extra hard to play the game more efficiently. Your PSU may be near expiration, and you may have to upgrade it
- Overworked fans can also cause buzzing noise when you are playing the game
Why Is My Computer Making A Buzzing Noise In Minecraft?
The reason your computer is making a buzzing noise in Minecraft is because it is a graphics-heavy game and uses too much of your PC’s CPU and video card resources, and your CPU fans will work extra hard to keep the system cool. This process will result in a buzzing noise.
To fix the problem:
- Lower down the FPS
- Set fancy graphics to fast
- Turn the settings of render distance to low (<5)
- Minimize if you have any resource packs
- Don’t run the game in fullscreen and run it in a window
- Enable V-sync
- Set the GUI scale to small
Why Is My Computer Making A Buzzing Noise In Fortnite?
The reason your PC is making a buzzing noise while playing Fortnite is because of a faulty fan.
To fix the issue:
- You will have to tune your fan curve down to make it go away
- If it’s a watercooler, check if the pump lacks water