Why are my Sony WF-1000Xm4 wireless earbuds making a weird noise?
Sony WF-1000Xm4 earbuds make a weird noise when their software is not updated or when they are not connected correctly with the paired device.
Static or buzzing noise in the earbuds is a common problem, not a malfunction. The issue is usually resolved after a software update. In case it doesn’t, you may have to look into the following causes:
- The noise canceling function is not on
- The wrong fitting of the earbuds
- User is in an area with high-frequency sounds
- The adaptive sound control is turned on
The noise canceling function is not on
This feature doesn’t need to be turned on separately. It gets activated as soon as you turn on the earbuds. However, sometimes, users have to turn it off for a short while. They forget to turn it on.
The wrong fitting of the earbuds
The earbuds tips may not be fitting perfectly in your ears. You may purchase new earbuds tips to get rid of the issue. In some cases, the size of the right and left earbuds varies. You can visit the Sony | Headphones Connect app to find out the size of the earbuds tips that will suit you.
The earbuds also make weird and irritating sounds when they are not worn properly. The trick is to ensure that the tips of the earbuds sit comfortably as deep in your ear canal as possible.
User is in an area with high-frequency sounds
The noise-canceling function is not quite effective for high-frequency sounds such as human voice. It, however, works well for low-frequency noise.
The adaptive sound control is turned on
When the Adaptive Sound Control is turned on, on the earbuds’ application, it makes the earbuds detect wearers’ actions like walking or jogging. This adjusts the noise canceling function accordingly and activates the Ambient Sound Mode.
If you want to get rid of the issue, turn off the Adaptive Sound Control. Also, turn on the noise canceling feature manually whenever you need it. (This function is turned on automatically as soon as you turn on your earbuds.)
Why are my Sony WF-1000Xm4 earbuds making a buzzing noise?
Buzzing noise in the Sony WF-1000Xm4 earbuds is due to electronic interference.
If the headset is set on high volume, a wearer may experience some noise.In some cases, your earbuds can also be the root of the problem.
How to fix the buzzing noise on Sony WF-1000Xm4?
Buzzing noise in Sony WF-1000Xm4 is fixed when electrical devices that cause electrical interference are removed.
Fixing the Buzzing Sound [Method 1]
- If you think that the sound is being caused by electrical interferences, turn off all the nearby electronic devices.
- Now, open the devices one by one to check if they are making any buzzing noise in the earbuds.
- Turn off the device that cause a weird noise in the earbuds.
Fixing the Buzzing Sound [Method 2]
- Check the volume setting of the earbuds. Too high a volume can also result in interferences. Lower the volume to enjoy a clean connection.
Fixing the Buzzing Sound [Method 3]
- If you are on call and hearing some buzzing noise in the earbuds, make sure that your mouth is not too close to the microphone.
- If the speaker microphone is closer to the earbuds, it may cause some buzzing sounds in the headphones.
What happens when none of the above methods work? It indicates that your earbuds are facing a malfunction. In that case, you can ask for a replacement.
Why are my Sony WF-1000Xm4 earbuds making static noise?
For ANC headphones, it is common for Sony WF-1000Xm4 earbud users to observe a static noise on low or no music. This problem is common in almost all transistor-reliant circuits.
Random fluctuations of electrons cause such sounds that are often called “brown noise.”
When the ANC feature is on, the earbuds’ amplifier is active, and it keeps producing static noise. This sound resembles that of a waterfall or distant traffic. It is light and consistent.
How to fix static noise on Sony WF-1000Xm4 earbuds
Static noise on the Sony WF-1000Xm4 earbuds arises when the active noise cancellation (ANC) feature is on. If you turn the feature off, it will help reduce the noise.
Noise Heard During a Phone Call [Method 1]
Poor voice calls are great irritants. If you hear noise during a phone call and a disturbance from your end, you should check if the earbuds fit perfectly in your ears.
The quality of phone calls suffers when earbuds do not fit your ears or if air-tightness is below the required level. You should:
- Make sure that the earbuds fit perfectly well.
- In case they don’t, go to the Sony Headphones Connect app to learn more tips about earbuds’ sizes. Select the one that is well-suited to your needs.
Noise Heard During a Phone Call [Method 2]
If the noise is from the other end – the caller’s end, you may have to do the following steps to deal with this disturbance:
- Keep the earbuds in their charging case and close it.
- Wait for about 10 seconds.
- Put the headphones in your ears, and
- Start the connected device again.
- If the issue is resolved, it means it was caused by a temporary malfunction. However, if it doesn’t, you should restart the earbuds.
- In case the problems persist, you must initialize the earbuds.
- Ideally, the problem should be resolved by now. If it doesn’t, it’s time you took the device to the Sony outlet or called their customer care department. The persistency of the issue indicates that your earbuds require service and that they have a malfunction.
How to fix clicking noise on Sony WF-1000Xm4 earbuds
Some users have complained about hearing a clicking noise when using Sony WF-1000Xm4 earbuds as soon as they insert the earbuds in their ears. The clicking sound happens when air bubbles inside the headphones are crushed. These bubbles burst because of a change in movement.
To resolve the issue:
- Wait for at least 10 seconds as it is a normal problem and goes away on its own.
- Take off the earbuds and see if you can remove the ear pads. Dry off water droplets, if any.
- If the headphones’ air-tightness is not an issue, you may consider turning off the noise canceling and Ambient Sound Control to fix the issue.
How to fix crackling noise on Sony WF-1000Xm4 earbuds
The main reason for the crackling noise when using the WF-1000Xm4 earbuds is because of the ANC feature.
To resolve the crackling noise issue:
- Wait for between 10 and 15 seconds as the problem goes away on its own.
- With the help of a cotton bud, dry off water droplets inside the earbuds – remove the ear pads to check.
- Turn off the noise canceling and Ambient Sound Control if the above two steps didn’t work.
How to fix high pitched noise on Sony WF-1000Xm4 earbuds
High-pitched sounds in the Sony WF-1000Xm4 earbuds are irritating. They mess up your listening experience and create a nuisance. This problem, however, is quite common across all Sony headphones and earbuds.
Many users think that it directly results from the accumulation of moisture inside your earbuds.
Here are some steps that you can follow to fix the issue:
- Remove the earpads and dry the earbuds.
- If you are using the headset at a place where moisture is high, try to turn them off for a while. When you’re using them for jogging or during exercise, you will hear some squealing sounds because of the water droplets inside them. Avoid using them when you’re doing any physical activities.
- If the issue persists, you should call the Sony outlet and get your device replaced.
Why are my Sony WF-1000Xm4 earbuds making a beeping sound?
You are listening to music on your earbuds when suddenly you hear a beeping noise. All wearers express that this uncomfortable noise has to go away.
The following procedure may help you fix the issue:
- Take your headphones and place them in their charging case.
- Close the case’s lid and wait for around 10 minutes or slightly more.
- Wear your headphones.
- Before you turn on the audio, make sure that the audio output device is reset.
- The issue should be resolved by now. If it didn’t, you should reset the earbuds.
- In rare cases where the issue keeps lingering, you should initialize the headphones.
It is the last step in the procedure, and it is supposed to fix the problem.
However, if the problem still doesn’t go away, you should know that there is something majorly wrong with the earbuds, which needs immediate repairs. You will have to send the earbuds for their service.
Sony WF-1000XM4 earbuds static noise in the left ear
The main reason for Static noise in the right Sony WF-1000XM4 earbuds is because of condensation. Condensation occurs when the air is too humid.
You may follow the following steps to resolve the problem:
- Remove the earbuds.
- Take off the earpads and use a cotton ball to dry the area.
- Wear the headset again.
Sony WF-1000XM4 earbuds static noise in the right ear
The main reason for Static noise in the right Sony WF-1000XM4 earbuds is because of condensation.
- Take off the earbuds.
- Open them up by removing the earpads.
- Get a cotton ball to dry the area.
- Wear the headset again.
How do I turn on the noise canceling on Sony WF-1000XM4 earbuds?
WF-1000XM4 is popular for its noise-canceling feature. The good thing is that this feature gets activated as soon as you turn on the headphones
- Go to the Sony | Headphones Connect app
- Click on the Sound button
- Turn off the noise-canceling feature