Why does my iPad screen have a blue tint?
An iPad screen can have blue tint because of a color profile setting not getting loaded correctly, damage to internal parts, or swelling of the battery.
- Color profile not getting loaded
- Accidental falling of the tablet
- A swelling battery
- OLED display for the tablet
Table of Contents
Color profile not getting loaded
Sometimes the color profile of the iPad fails to get loaded properly. When this setting is done, the blue tint disappears from the screen.
Accidental fall of the tablet
If the iPad has fallen down accidentally, there are chances that the internal cables have become loose. Hitting the back of the tablet firmly but without too much force seats the cable back in place and fixes the blue tint problem.
A swelling battery
The iPad screen displays a blue tint if its battery is swollen. This swelling may be because the battery is old or getting overheated. It is likely that the battery will have to be changed.
Sometimes OLED displays tend to cause the blue tint problem. If the display is changed, the blue tint goes off.
Can blue tint on an iPad be fixed?
Yes, the blue tint on an iPad can be fixed. The fix is usually a simple procedure and can help you get rid of the blue tint on the screen of the tablet. Often, a few changes to the settings will do the trick.
How much does it cost to fix blue tint on an iPad?
It can cost $100-$200 to fix blue tint on a iPad. Replacing the battery will be cheaper than replacing the screen.
The cost to fix the blue tint on an iPad depends on what causes the blue tint to occur. If the blue tint is due to a software problem or a loose cable, you will often not have to spend any amount on fixing the blue tint issue.
However, if the problem is due to a swelling battery, you will have to opt for a battery replacement that can cost you around $100. The cost tends to be more if you have to do a screen replacement. Hence, it’s advised to opt for screen replacement as the last resort.
You will not need any tools to fix the blue tint on the iPad screen if the tint appears due to a software problem or a loose internal cable.
This is because an iPad reset or a setting change can usually help to get rid of the blue tint.
Hitting the back of the iPad gently with mild force will usually reseat a loose cable back in its correct position. All these methods don’t involve the use of any tools.
How to remove blue tint from an iPad screen?
You can remove the blue tint from an iPad screen by adjusting the color profile or ensuring that the LCD cable is correctly plugged in.
Let’s walk you through the steps of trying to get rid of the blue tint from the screen of your iPad before seeking the assistance of the Apple service team.
- Adjust the color profile of your iPad. To do this, you will have to press Settings to access the Settings Press General followed by Accessibility and then Display Accommodations. Set the Color Filters toggle switch to ON position and do the required color tint and color filter settings.
- Do a hard reset of your iPad. To do this, you must press the Power and Home buttons of the tablet together for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Place the iPad on a flat surface with the screen facing downwards. Hit the back of the tablet firmly with your palm. This will usually reseat a loose LCD cable that has moved out of place. You can alternatively use a screwdriver to loosen the screws at the back of the iPad and remove the back panel.
- Put the cable back in its original position, keep the panel back in place and tighten the screws.
- Hold the opposite ends of the iPad firmly at the top and bottom using both hands and gently twist the tablet. Some iPad users have found that doing this has helped them to fix the blue tint issue in their device.
How to remove blue tint from iPad Pro?
The most common fix to remove the blue tint from the screen of an iPad Pro tablet is to activate its True Tone setting.
Some of the steps mentioned above to resolve the blue tint issue in an iPad might work for the iPad Pro tablet as well.
You can try the steps given below before seeking the assistance of an authorized service center or the manufacturer’s service team to help you with a solution.
- Turn ON the True Tone setting in your iPad Pro tablet. To do this, press the Settings icon on the tablet to open the Settings Press the Display & Brightness option and activate the True Tone option. You can also turn this option ON through the Control Center of the tablet.
- Rest the iPad Pro on your knee such that the screen faces the ground. You can alternatively keep the tablet in the same position on a level surface. Hit the iPad Pro firmly with your palm taking care not to apply too much pressure. This has helped some iPad Pro users who have faced this problem with their tablet due to a loose cable inside especially after it has accidentally fallen down. The hit will reseat the cable back in its correct position.
- Twist the tablet a little gently a few times. To do this, you will have to hold both sides of the iPad Pro firmly with your hands.
- Press the Home as well as Power buttons of the tablet simultaneously until the screen displays the Apple logo. This will take close to 10 seconds and eventually result in a hard reset of your iPad Pro followed by having the blue tint removed from the tablet.
If none of the above tips works and your iPad Pro tablet is still under the warranty period, you can always consider going in for an exchange or a replacement.
How to remove blue tint from iPad Mini?
There are a few simple steps that you can follow to remove the blue tint from the screen of your iPad Mini tablet.
However, if the tablet is within the warranty bracket, you may be able to check out the possibility of a replacement or an exchange before attempting any fix yourself. One of the easiest fixes involves doing a hard reset of the iPad Mini tablet.
You can try one or more of the steps outlined below to remove the blue tint that appears on the screen of the iPad Mini.
- Perform a hard reset of the tablet pressing the Power button and Home button together till you notice the Apple logo coming up on the display screen. It will often take a maximum of 10 seconds for this to happen.
- Hold either end of the tablet and twist it a few times making sure that you don’t drop the iPad Mini. This may help to remove the blue tint.
- Press the Home button followed by the Settings In the left pane, press General to display the General settings on the right side. Tap on the Accessibility setting and set the Invert Colors toggle switch to ON position.
How to remove blue tint from a Samsung tab S7 screen?
You can remove the blue tint from a Samsung tab S7 screen by following a few simple steps that are mentioned below:
- Press the Settings icon on the Home menu to open the different settings of the tablet.
- Press Accessibility followed by Visibility Enhancements.
- Slide the Color Inversion toggle switch to OFF position.
- Switch OFF the color adjustment settings by tapping on the Color adjustment setting and turning OFF the slider switch.