Why does my computer monitor screen have a blue tint?
Your laptop screen can have a blue tint due to outdated GPU drivers, the night light setting is turned off or incorrect GPU settings.
- Outdated GPU Drivers
- Night Light Settings
- GPU Settings
- Hardware Issues
- Outdated GPU Drivers: If your laptop screen is having a blue tint, one of the probable reasons is outdated GPU drivers. But if your laptop has a CPU instead of a GPU, it’s not the reason.
- Night Light Settings: If the night light is turned OFF, the laptop screen may show a blue tint because of the light settings. It can be quite difficult for the eyes if this setting is turned OFF.
- GPU Settings: If your laptop has a GPU, incorrect GPU settings can be the reason for the blue tint on your laptop screen.
- Hardware Issues: Sometimes, cables are connected loosely to the laptop, which may lead to a blue tint on the screen. If all the cables are connected properly, the cause of the blue screen might be some other hardware problem.
Can a blue tint on a computer monitor be fixed?
Yes, you can fix the blue tint of your computer screen by enabling and adjusting the night light, updating GPU drivers, adjusting colors from the GPU control panel, and checking for hardware troubles.
Enable and Adjust Night Light
Turning the night light ON and adjusting it can help you to reduce the blue tint on your laptop screen. Follow this method below to do it:
- Right-click on the desktop and launch Display Settings.
- Turn the Night Light mode ON and then adjust the night light strength. You can do the color temperature adjustment using the slider present. You can also consider scheduling the Night Light, which will enable it in the evening. So the screen color will be a little easier on your eyes at night.
Update GPU Drivers
You can take the help of a driver update assistant to update GPU drivers easily. It’ll help you to detect all the faulty drivers and update them properly. Here’s how you can update GPU drivers with a driver update assistant:
- Download and install the driver update assistant.
- Open the software and wait for it to detect the faulty drivers. It’ll show you the drivers that require an update and you need to select them. The app will download and install all the latest drivers on your behalf.
- Finally, reboot your laptop and see if the problem is gone.
Adjust Colours from GPU Control Panel:
You need to open your laptop’s GPU setting app to check the colors. Here’s the method for Nvidia GPU:
- Launch the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Go to Display>Adjust desktop color settings.
- In the Digital color format field, choose YCbCr444.
Check for Hardware Troubles
First, you need to check if one or more cable connected to your laptop is loose. Also, you need to check the monitor settings mentioned below:
- Open the monitor menu and select Colour Settings.
- Reset the settings to your preference.
If the above method doesn’t work, you can consider contacting the customer care team of your laptop brand.
How much does it cost to fix a blue tint on a monitor?
In most cases blue tint on a computer screen can is due to a software setting and can be fixed for free. If the blue tint is due to a hardware issue the cost can range from $26 to $105.
If the blue tint is not because of the above reasons and none of the above fixes help you, maybe your laptop screen is damaged. Though it is quite unlikely to happen, manufacturing damages or wear and tear can still cause it.
To fix the blue tint on your laptop in this case, you will need to replace the entire LCD screen. I’ve already mentioned the average cost of a new LCD screen, which can help you to set your budget.
If you want to fix the blue tint on your laptop screen by replacing the LCD screen, all you need is a screwdriver that fits the screws of your display.
You need to remove all the laptop screen screws with the screwdriver. After taking the damaged LCD screen out, you need to set the new LCD screen carefully and fix the screws again with the screwdriver. The process is easy but make sure you handle the new LCD with maximum care as it’s quite delicate. Make sure you don’t touch the LCD panel with your fingers or any object.
How to remove blue tint from a laptop screen
To remove blue tint from a laptop screen, you need to update GPU drivers, adjust colors from the GPU control panel, enable and adjust night light and check for hardware troubles.
Update GPU Drivers
To fix the blue tint issue, you can install a driver update assistant as it’ll help you to detect all the faulty drivers and update them. Here’s the method that you need to follow:
- Download and install the driver update assistant you choose.
- Open the software and wait for a while until it identifies the faulty drivers.
- Once you see the drivers that need an update, select them. The app will download and install all the latest drivers automatically.
- Reboot your laptop and see if the problem is still there.
Adjust Colours from GPU Control Panel
Your laptop’s GPU setting can help you to check the colors and adjust them. Below is the method for Nvidia:
- Go to Nvidia Control Panel.
- Open Display and then Adjust desktop color settings.
- Choose YCbCr444 from the set of Digital color format
Enable and Adjust Night Light
This is the most common fix that might work for you. To enable night light and adjust the temperature, follow the method below:
- Right-click on the desktop and open Display Settings.
- Enable the Night Light mode and select the Night Light Settings
- Adjust the slider for the color temperature to your preferred level.
Scheduling the Night Light is another great way to make the screen color a little easier on your eyes at night.
Check for Hardware Issues
One or more cables connected to your laptop might be loose, which is causing this issue. Tighten such cables and adjust the monitor settings by following the steps below:
- Open the menu of your monitor and choose Colour Settings.
- Reset the settings based on your preference.
In case none of the above methods work, you need to contact the customer care team of your laptop brand.
How to fix blue tint screen on Windows 10
To fix the blue tint screen on Windows 10, you need to adjust night settings, update display drivers and look for hardware issues.
Adjust Night Settings:
The Night Settings can help you to reset the display color and get rid of the blue tint on your screen. You can follow the method below to adjust it:
- Right-click on the desktop and then click on Display Settings.
- Switch ON the Night Light and then adjust the night light intensity to reduce the blueness of the screen. To do this, move the color temperature slider to the left.
Update Display Drivers:
Outdated display drivers can also lead to a blue tint on your laptop screen. Here’s how you can update the display driver of Windows 10:
- Go to Device Manager from the taskbar search box.
- Choose Display and right-click on it.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Click on Update Driver and the update will start.
- Once the update is done, reboot your laptop and see if the blue tint has gone.
Look for Hardware Issues:
Sometimes, minor problems such as loose cables can also lead to a blue tint on the laptop screen. You need to reinstall all cables and if it doesn’t work, you can call the customer support team of your laptop brand.
How to remove blue tint from a Samsung monitor screen
To remove the blue tint from a Samsung monitor screen, you need to turn on the night light and look for hardware errors.
Turn ON night light:
You can try to fix this issue by turning the night light ON and adjusting the color temperature of your display. Here’s how you can do it:
- Right-click on Desktop.
- Open Display Settings.
Switch ON the Night Light option and adjust the color temperature to your preferred tone with the slider.
Look For Hardware Errors
Loose cables or other hardware issues can lead to a blue tint on your laptop screen. While you can reinstall all the cables to see if it works, for other hardware issues, you might need to call the customer support of Samsung.
If the LCD screen needs a replacement, you can do it on your own or get it done by a professional.
Why does my HP laptop screen have a blue tint?
The main causes for the blue tint on your HP laptop screen can be night light settings, outdated display drivers, and hardware issues.
HP is a renowned brand producing entry-level models such as the HP Chromebook x360 14a as well as high-end models such as the HP Envy 15.
- Night Light Settings: The screen can have a blue tint if the night light is turned OFF on your laptop. That’s because night light reduces the blueness and adds more temperature to the display colors. You can fix this issue by turning the night light ON and adjusting the temperature. To do this, follow the method I’ve explained above.
- Outdated Display Drivers: If your display drivers are outdated and you haven’t updated them recently, it can cause this issue. To fix the same, you need to look for the latest versions of your display drivers and update them.
- Hardware Issues: Loose cables or further hardware trouble such as a damaged laptop screen can also make your HP laptop screen blueish. You can check for the issue and fix it accordingly to get rid of the blue tint on the screen.
Troubleshooting Acer monitor blue tint
For an Acer monitor like HA220Q, K242HYL and every other model with a blue tint, the problem could be worn-out cables.
You need to check both ends of the cables, one that’s on the desktop side and the other that’s on the computer side. Here are the steps to follow:
- Check if the cables are properly connected.
- If one or more cable is damaged, you need to replace them.
Troubleshooting Samsung monitor blue tint
Troubleshooting the latest Samsung monitors T35F, Odyssey G3 and also the older models is simple.
You need to follow the hacks below to check the device:
- Disconnect all external devices and restart your computer.
- Choose safe mode and undo the recent changes.
- Look for driver updates.
- Reinstall Windows.
Finally, call customer care if nothing helps.
Troubleshooting LG monitor blue tint
If LG monitors 32QN600-B, 34WN80C-B and all the other models have a blue tint, you can do the following:
- Check for worn-out cables and replace them.
- Opt for a display driver update to see if the problem is gone.
Finally, if nothing works, calling the customer care of LG can be helpful.