Why Does My DVR Keep Freezing?
DVR can keep freezing because of the DVR overheating, blocked air vents, and when the hard drive is failing.
Table of Contents
- Overheating: If your DVR is on a soft surface where the cooling fan cannot work correctly, and the heat is trapped, it can lead to overheating issues. Even if you have several electronics nearby or start on one another, it can lead to overheating.
- Problem with airflow: You have to make sure that the vents are clear, and there is no obstruction on its way. Keeping your DVR in an enclosed space for cluttered with a number of other gadgets can hamper the airflow leading to malfunctioning.
- Failing Hard Drive: If you think your hard drive is not working correctly, you must make sure to back up all your recordings as soon as possible.
DVR freezes during playback
If you generally like to watch your program rather than record it, freezing can be troubling.
There can be more than one playback issue besides freezing like problems fast-forwarding or rewinding. If you are having such trouble, try the following:
- Try to change the physical location of the DVR. Your DVR main be simply malfunctioning because of improper airflow or overheating. This is an easy problem to troubleshoot, and you will be able to see the results in no time at all. Moving the physical location of your DVR is a quick fix.
- If the problem persists, it is best if you take a recording of the live show and then watch the recording.
- You can also try to refresh your receiver. You should be able to watch the Live program after upgrading.
Spectrum DVR Keeps Freezing
If you are using the spectrum guide and having trouble with your DVR, there are some simple steps to get rid of the problem.
If your screen freezes time and again, it is time to take some concrete steps to get rid of the problem. Here is what you can do:
- Send a refresh signal. This way, you will be able to give your DVR some time to readjust and get better.
- If this does not work, you can try to reset the power cycle to perform the following steps:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait 15 seconds, and plug in the power cord into the outlet again.
- Wait for 20 minutes while the receiver recovers fully.
- Turn the DVR back on.
- If none of these options provides any help to you, you might be considering getting proper troubleshooting done to help you run diagnostics and treat the problem at the root level.
- If you are not comfortable with troubleshooting yourself, you can call Customer Service, who will provide you with professionals who will be able to get the job done.
Directv DVR keeps freezing
Unlike others, direct TV is not a dense fibre cable line; instead, it is a satellite Company. Hence, it can be affected by even the elements of nature like rainfall or snow.
There are both software and well as hardware-related problems that can freeze your direct tv DVR. Here are some of the most common reasons:
- You might have poor reception in your house, and it may have been affected by poor weather conditions.
- A software update that was in motion might have detailed and caused other complications.
- There might be a hardware related issue such as problems in the flash memory, the hard drive, and the tuner or the processor.
- The service provider does not support the program that is being broadcasted by the channel.
Cisco DVR Keeps Freezing
When you have a cisco DVR, you might sometimes have a problem with the DVR freezing, which can be extremely frustrating. At such a juncture, you won’t be able to record or playback any of your favourite shows with ease.
While there are some security solutions for common issues, if the problem persists over time, it is best to contact the service provider themselves.
- Ensure that the cable and the TV are turned on properly and connected to a sufficient power outlet.
- Remove any items that may be blocking the air vents of the DVR.
- Check whether the coax cable is appropriately connected to the outlet.
- Try to unplug your receiver and then wait for 60 seconds before turning it back on.
- Refresh the receiver.
Xfinity DVR keeps freezing
If your Xfinity DVR keeps freezing, then there are some simple steps you can take in order to troubleshoot the problem. There are, however, some problems that you cannot solve at home by yourself.
You will need to call the customer care service you will be able to provide you with an easy solution.
However, before you call for customer care, that is some things you need to check. These are the following:
- Check all the wires and connections. Make sure that the cables are connected properly to a power outlet and that the power outlet in itself is regularly maintained.
- Try to refresh the receiver and unplug it for some time, which may be able to fix the problem.
- The place you keep the DVR should be cleaned and not with other gadgets and equipments.
Comcast DVR keeps freezing
You might have a problem where your Comcast DVR keeps freezing, making it impossible for you to watch your favourite TV program.
If the problem persists, here are some things you can do:
- You can restart your Comcast account online, which may fix the problem.
- You can restart the DVR using the power button. This is a natural step, and you will be able to perform it in no time at all.
- Try restarting the DVR using the Device Settings option.
- Restart the account from the official app on your phone.