How to Find Apple AirPods when lost or offline?
If you have lost AirPods or our AirPods Pro then you don’t have to worry because Apple has created solutions for this issue. You can use the options to find your lost AirPods/AirPods Pro.
Table of Contents
Use “Find My” App
Apple recently announced a new software program for AirPods/AirPods Pro that makes using the ‘Find My’ app much simpler.
You can use it to find your AirPods/AirPods pro if they are within the Bluetooth range and powered on.
How to Find Apple AirPods Pro when lost?
If you have lost your AirPods, you should use the following steps to locate them:
Use “Find My” App
If you can’t find your AirPods — I meant the complete box including both AirPods inside – do the following:
- Tap the Devices tab there in Find My app.
- Tap the picture of the AirPods on the map viewer or select the AirPods from the range of options.
- Select the Play Sound feature to know wherever your AirPods are or the Navigation option to locate your AirPods.
- On a satellite image, your iPhone will display the last recorded spot that they linked to your iPhone.
- This will notify you if you left them at the office or if they are still roaming along in a Taxi you took.
Can AirPods be tracked when offline?
Unfortunately, Apple does not have a solution for when you lose your AirPods/Airpods Pro if they are dead, offline or out of the Bluetooth range.
However there are some solutions:
- You won’t be sure to locate them by playing a noise, but you’ll be able to receive navigation to where they’d been linked.
- If they really do come back online, you’ll receive an alert on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
- If your AirPods were not really charged, you wouldn’t be able to find them until you charge them. They won’t show up if they’re outside from reach of your apple device.
- You won’t be able to generate noise to locate your AirPods if you see the No Area Found notice, but you’d be able to get instructions to the last spot where they had been linked.
Can AirPods be tracked when lost?
Yes, you can track your AirPods if you ever lose them by using the Find My AirPods app. The app can’t identify AirPods that aren’t paired to an iOS device through Bluetooth, but can assist you in identifying AirPods that are misplaced near the area and provide suggestions as to where they can be found if they’re lost out of the iPhone’s range.
- You’ll be able to locate one or both of your AirPods if they’re gone and within Bluetooth range of your device.
- AirPods can be monitored until they’re up to 40 feet away, after which they vanish. Furthermore, the thief can quickly sync these towards their own iPhone, leaving them more difficult to trace with your smartphone.
Can AirPods Pro be tracked when the battery is dead?
It will be tough to locate your AirPods if they have been misplaced and therefore are dead.When their battery dies, the network cannot establish the essential link to enable the person to locate them again.
- You can (potentially) use the Find My app to locate your AirPods within their battery cover, but only if the software recalls where they had been the last moment you used them.
- It’s also worth noting that the Find My app is intended to locate non-dead devices.
- The Find My app also lets you play a tone to your AirPod whenever it’s powered and inside proximity of 16 yards to locate it more quickly!
How far can AirPods be tracked?
AirPods can be monitored until they’re up to 10 to 12 meters, after which they vanish.
Furthermore, the thief can quickly sync them to their own iPhone, leaving them more difficult to trace with your smartphone.
How to find AirPods Pro when offline?
If you’ve lost your AirPods Pro, and they are offline, you can use the following steps to find them:
- You must have an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or PC to participate.
- You must have the most recent version of iOS installed on any of the iDevices indicated in 1 above.
- It would help if you established your Airpods Pro on your device’s “Find My” app prior to losing them. That’s because it’s the only method to look for it if it goes missing.
- Start from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Launch the “Find My” app by going to settings and clicking on your device name.
- While configuring the “Find My” feature, enable these three choices.
- My iPhone is missing.
- Enable Offline Search
- Send your current location
How to find Airpods on an Android phone?
If you’ve lost your AirPods and had them linked to an Android phone rather than an Apple device the process of finding them will vary slightly.
Follow the steps below to find your AirPods from an Android phone:
- To find the nearest Bluetooth devices, go to the connections menu.
- Go to Settings and tap on Connections and then Bluetooth
- Find the misplaced Airpods in Pair Mode.
- Your phone will start looking for it.
- When your phone links, you’ll know you’re within 10 meters of the misplaced AirPod.
- Make sure the batteries on your AirPods are fully charged.
- This technique works with any Bluetooth-enabled wireless headphones.
- However, if both headphones are gone, you won’t be able to engage in pairing mode.
How to find one lost Airpod?
The Find My app and the iCloud website’s maps will only indicate the position of one earpiece at a time.
Follow the steps if you have lost one AirPod:
- Discover the AirPod you have over the map, and afterward, put it into the box if you need to find one earbud.
- The map will now disclose details about the misplaced earbud if you refresh it.
- You may label your AirPods Pro as misplaced, play a tone to track it, and check the whereabouts of your lost AirPods once you’re in the Find My app.
How to find your Airpods Pro using a computer?
If you’ve lost or forgotten your AirPods, try the Find My app on a Laptop or computer that’s logged in to the same Apple ID to track them down.
Even though your Macbook, PC or Laptop, touch hasn’t been synced to a Wi or cellular network, you might well be able to view the status of your AirPods or AirPods Pro, if you enable the Find My network:
- Tap the Settings application on your iPhone, MacBook, or iPad pro.
- Choose your name and then Find Me.
- Choose Turn on Find My [device] after you’ve found it.
- “Find My Network” should be enabled.
How to find your Airpods Pro using an iPhone?
You can use your iPhone to find your AirPods, by connecting your AirPods to the Find My app and follow the steps below:
- If the AirPods are lost after they appear in Find My, you can allow them to make an echo to locate both of the lost earphones.
- Find My shows you where your AirPods were last seen on a map. Even if they aren’t linked, you can check when and where they were last connected and obtain instructions to that spot.
- When your AirPods Pro or AirPods Max are lost nearby, you may use Find My Networks to find them and get accurate navigation.
How to use Play a Sound to Find your Airpods?
On Find My app you will have the option to locate your Airpods using a sound that will indicate its location. Follow the steps below of activate that feature:
- Launch the Find My application.
- The Devices tab should be selected.
- Select your AirPods from the options.
- To play a tone that actually becomes louder, tap Play Sound.
- Your AirPods won’t make a sound while in the case, you’re out of luck if you misplace both the AirPods and the AirPods Case.
- There is no way to monitor the AirPods case because Find My AirPods requires a Bluetooth link, so there’s no way to find a misplaced pair.
Why are my Airpods not showing up on Find My Airpods?
Now that you know how critical it is to have your AirPods added to the Find My app, here are some ways for when they don’t appear on Find My App. To add a paired device on Find My, follow these steps:
- Tap your way to the forefront of the Settings menu.
- Select Find Me.
- If Find My is disabled, press it to enable it on the next screen.
- Then tap Devices on the Find My app. Your AirPods should be visible here.
- Restart your iPhone after putting your AirPods in the carry case.
- Due to unforeseen problems, your AirPods may not appear in the Find My app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. This may be easily resolved by restarting your device.
- Keep your AirPods in their carry case and shut the cover to avoid this. Now restart the Iphone you’re using to check the Find My app.
Can I replace missing my Airpods and case?
Fortunately, you might not have to purchase a new AirPods case right away if you lose them. You can try a few things that can assist you in locating your AirPods case.
If you’ve permanently misplaced an AirPod or its carrying case, here’s how much each part will actually cost:
- Replacement AirPods (third and preceding generations) are $69 apiece.
- $59 for the AirPods charging case.
- $79 for AirPods Bluetooth charging case.
- $79 for a MagSafe charging case.
- AirPods Pro is available for $89 apiece.
- Wireless power case for AirPods Pro: $99.
- $99 for the MagSafe carrying case for AirPods Pro.