Why are my Galaxy Buds Pro earbuds making a weird noise?
The main reason why Galaxy Buds Pro earbuds can start making weird buzzing noises is because of outdated firmware or a weak WiFi connection.
No one likes to observe a weird noise in their earbuds. However, certain software and hardware issues may cause some disturbances in the sound quality of the earbuds.
Table of Contents
Here are some factors that result in a weird noise in Galaxy Buds Pro:
- Delays in software updates cause strange sounds in the headset
- Unclean earbuds fail to perform well if the debris is not cleared for prolonged periods
- Any liquid damage to the headset makes Galaxy Buds Pro observe a weird noise
- Wire damages in the earbuds cause crackling/buzzing sounds in the earbuds
- Long distances from the audio source can interfere with the working of the headsets
Delays in software updates cause strange sounds in the headset
Software updates are required every three months or so. Your device also sends notifications regarding updates.
However, many people keep delaying it and putting it off until the updates become necessary. Weird noise in your earbuds may indicate that the device may need a software update.
If your earbuds are updated, you can check if your connected devices need updates. If the issue persists, you will have to check that the app (of the audio output) is also updated.
Unclean earbuds fail to perform well if the debris is not cleared for prolonged periods
Earbuds have tiny holes that let debris and dust pass through them and settle inside. The debris often causes disruptions in the sound quality of the earbuds and creates irritating sounds in them. Cleaning your earbuds may make the problem go away.
Any liquid damage to the headset makes Galaxy Buds Pro observe a weird noise
Humidity in the air or sweat in your ears creates water droplets that easily pass through the ear pads. The accumulation of water in the headset’s circuit creates unwanted sounds.
Long distances from the audio source can interfere with the working of the headsets
Wireless earbuds save you from the hassles of keeping your phone in your hands all the time. However, it doesn’t mean that the headset will work seamlessly if you are out of the Bluetooth range – which is 30 feet. If you observe some weird sounds in the earbuds, you should come closer to the audio source.
Wire damages in the earbuds cause crackling/buzzing sounds in the earbuds
Sometimes, the problem lies in the hardware of the headset. Faulty wires interfere with the workings of the headset and cause weird sounds in them.
Why are Galaxy Buds Pro earbuds making a crackling noise?
Electrical interferences by objects like microwave ovens or WiFi routers are the main reasons for crackling noises coming from Galaxy Buds Pro earbuds.
This crackling can also result if the wearer is far away from the audio source. The active noise canceling feature also causes a crackling noise, albeit in rare cases.
How to Fix Crackling Noise on Galaxy Buds Pro
The best way to fix crackling noises coming from your Galaxy Buds Pro earbuds is to remove any nearby electrical interference by turning off devices within 12 feet of the earbuds.
Getting Rid of Electrical Interferences [Method 1]
Electronic devices, Bluetooth signals, or other network signalswithin the headsets’ range often cause a crackling noise in the earbuds. This issue can be fixed if you:
- Turn off the devices that may cause disruptions.
- Change your room and sit at a place with fewer interferences; it may help reduce the crackling in the headset.
Reconnect with the Device’s Bluetooth [Method 2]
Turning off and turning on the Bluetooth connection is aneasy way of fixing the issue of crackling sounds in the earbuds:
- Turn off Bluetooth for at least 15 seconds.
- Switch it on again and connect your earbuds.
Turn off the Active Noise Canceling Feature [Method 3]
The earbuds’ active noise canceling feature remains on even when you are not listening to any music on the headset. Since the amplifier of the earbuds is active, it constantly makes crackling sounds.
To fix it:
- Touch and hold one of the two earbuds.
- Continue holding them until you hear a beep sound.
- The feature has now been turned off.
Cleaning Your Earbuds [Method 4]
The headset needs constant cleaning for its efficient performance.Regular cleaning of the headset can resolve the problem in the long run. Aquick fix for this problem is:
- Getting a sharp safety pin or a small needle.
- Inserting the needle into the tiny holes of the earbuds and manually taking out the debris.
- Cleaning the outer surface of the earbuds with the help of a lint-free microfiber cloth.
Why are my Galaxy Buds Pro Making Static Noise?
Outdated software, pairing issues with the device, electrical interferences, and faulty wires often cause a static noise in the earbuds.
How to Fix Static Noise on Beats Fit Pro
Experiencing static in your headset is irritating. If the issue arises because of faulty wires or other faults in the hardware, you should call the Samsung support team and get them replaced.
In addition to this, you can try the following methods to get rid of such an annoying sound:
Check Software Updates [Method 1]
Outdated software is the biggest issue of any kinds of distortions in the earbuds’ sound. You can fix it by:
- Checking if your earphones or the device need software updates.
- The app you are listening to is updated.
Unpair the Earbuds [Method 2]
Restarting the whole thing plays a big role in fixing most issues. You can try unpairing your earbuds with the device to fix the problem.
Here is how:
- Go to the Settings option on your device and click the Connections button.
- Tap on Bluetooth.
- Click on the Settings button that looks like a gear.
- Click on the Unpair button.
- Once again, tap on the Unpair option to confirm.
- Pair them again after a while to see if the problem is resolved.
Restarting the Earbuds [Method 3]
The issue of static noise can be resolved after restarting the earbuds. It can be done as follows:
- Remove the earbuds and place them in their charging case.
- Close the lid.
- Keep it closed until the light on the battery indicator dims; it may take up to 10 seconds.
- If you see red or orange light flashes on the battery indicator, let the earbuds charge for 10 more minutes.
How to Fix High Pitched Noise on Galaxy Buds Pro
You can fix high-pitched noises coming from your Galaxy Buds Pro earbuds by resetting going into settings and pressing the reset menu item.
Reset the Earbuds:
If the Galaxy earbuds are making an intolerable high-pitched noise, you should consider resetting them. The process is easy and can be done by:
- Opening the Samsung Wearable app
- Tapping on the Earbuds setting option
- Choosing General
- And then tapping on Reset
Why are my Galaxy Buds Pro Making a Buzzing Noise?
The most common reason for buzzing noise coming from Galaxy Buds Pro earbuds is having outdated software.
You can try the following methods to fix it:
- Go to the Samsung Wearable app to check for any updates.
- Unpair and re-pair the earbuds with the device.
- Restart the earbuds and connect them with your device.
Why are my Galaxy Buds Pro Making a Hissing Noise?
Galaxy Buds Pro earbuds may make a hissing noise if they are not charged completely. Blown-out drivers are also one of the reasons for such sounds – even though such hardware issues are rare.
Atested way to fix the problem is to:
- Reset the earbuds and check if there are any updates.
- Blown-out drivers are caused when you listen to music at high volumes. Try keeping the volume down when listening to any music.
Galaxy Buds Pro Static Noise in the Left Ear
The main reason for static noises coming frm the left ear of your Galaxy Buds Pro earbuds is outdated firmware.
In case you experience static noise in the left ear, here’s what you can do:
- Update the software.
- Reset the earbuds.
- Unpair the headset and then pair it again.
Galaxy Buds Pro Static Noise in the Right Ear
The main reason for static noises coming frm the right ear of your Galaxy Buds Pro earbuds is debris using outdated firmware.
To fix the issue, try:
- Turning off the electronic device that may cause electrical interference.
- Updating the earbuds’ software.
- Thoroughly cleaning the headset and manually taking out any dirt and debris.
How Do I Turn on Noise Canceling on Galaxy Buds Pro?
Background noise irritates people and ruins their listening experience.
Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro has an easy process that people can follow to turn on the device’s active noise canceling feature.
- Touch and hold one of the earbuds.
- Keep holding it until you hear a beep sound.
You can also turn the feature on through the Samsung app:
- Go to the Galaxy Wearable app.
- Tap the toggle beside Active Noise Canceling.
- You’ll hear a beep that will indicate that the feature has been turned on.
Why is my Galaxy Buds Pro ANC not working?
The active noise canceling feature doesn’t pose problems most of the time.
In case you are having problems while using the feature, you should check:
- Whether the earbuds are properly worn.
- The size of the ear tip.
- If the ear tip is fixed in the earbud groove.
Dealing with these issues will help resolve the problem. The earbuds app is a great resource for finding out which size of the ear tip will fit you.
Also, in case you are not using a Samsung device, there is a possibility that the other devices are not compatible with the earbuds.