Why is my Razer keyboard not lighting up?
Your Razer keyboard may not be lighting up because of faulty LED lights, device driver issues, hardware issues or corrupted profiles.
- Faulty LED lights
- Device driver problems
- Hardware issues
- Corrupted profiles
Table of Contents
Faulty LED lights
When the LED lights in your keyboard have fused, the keyboard won’t light up. This is probably why your Razer keyboard may not be lighting up.
Device driver problems
If the drivers installed in your computer for the various components like keyboard, mouse, graphics card and so on are outdated or faulty, your Razer keyboard will not light up. This problem happens if even one of the drivers is outdated or faulty.
Sometimes, the hardware of your computer can cause such problems like the keyboard not lighting up, macro-keys not working, chroma lighting displaying a wrong color and so on.
Your Razer keyboard may not be lighting up because of a corrupt user profile. If you are using an unverified identity to sign in on your computer, the keyboard won’t light up.
How do I turn on the lights on my Razer keyboard?
You can turn ON the lights on your Razer keyboard through the Razer Synapse window. To do this, follow the steps given below.
- Open Razer Synapse on your PC.
- Choose your Razer keyboard from the Dashboard option under the Devices tab.
- Select the Lighting tab.
- If you want to turn OFF the LED lights of your keyboard, click the checkboxes beneath the Switch off lighting option. You can also set the number of minutes after which your keyboard lighting goes OFF when the computer is kept on standby.
- If you want to turn ON the lights of your keyboard, click the checkboxes under the Switch off lighting option to uncheck them.
How to fix a Razer keyboard that is not lighting up?
You can fix a Razer keyboard that is not lighting up by trying some basic troubleshooting steps like ensuring the drivers are up to date, checking the operating system of your computer, checking if the Razer device is plugged directly in the computer and so on.
Follow the detailed steps given below to fix a Razer keyboard that is not lighting up.
- Make sure that the Razer keyboard drivers are up to date and are not corrupted.
- Ensure that the Razer Synapse software is updated.
- Make sure that the operating system of your computer is updated.
- Check if the Razer keyboard is directly plugged into your computer or through a USB. If it’s connected with a USB hub, try connecting it directly. If it’s already plugged in your system directly, you may try changing the port.
- Try disabling and exiting the Razer Synapse software on the computer tray.
- Restart your PC and see if the issue persists.
- Check your Razer keyboard by plugging in on a different computer without Razer Synapse. If it works, then the problem arises because of Synapse in your computer. Delete it from your computer and do a new Synapse installation.
How to fix the Razer keyboard not lighting up on Xbox?
You can fix a Razer keyboard not lighting up on Xbox by changing the USB port, reinstalling the Razer Synapse software or updating your drivers. Follow the steps given below to fix a Razer keyboard not lighting up on Xbox.
- Remove your keyboard from the current USB port and plug it in another USB port. If it lights up, then your USB port is problematic and needs replacement. If the problem still persists, try the next fix.
- Uninstall Razer Synapse and install it back. To do this, unplug your keyboard from the computer. Press the Windows and R key and type services.msc in the search bar. Hit the Enter key. Go to the Local disc C and select your Username option. Click the AppData option and delete all the Razer folders here.
- Go to Program Files in the C drive and delete the Razer folders. Restart your computer.
- Open the official website of Razer on your browser and download the latest version of Synapse on your PC.
- Follow the prompts to download and install Razer Synapse. Launch it and plug in your keyboard to see if it lights up or not.
- Search for updates of drivers on your PC and update them.
How to fix the Razer keyboard not lighting up on PS4?
Your Razer keyboard may not be lighting up on PS4 because of loose connections among the devices or a faulty keyboard. To fix this issue of your Razer keyboard not lighting up on PS4, you can try the steps given below.
- Unplug the keyboard from the USB port and plug it back firmly to establish a strong connection between your keyboard and the output unit.
- If the above option doesn’t work, unplug your keyboard and plug it in another USB port. Sometimes the USB ports may go bad because of rough handling. Check if your Razer keyboard lights up or not.
- If your keyboard still doesn’t light up, then it’s probably an issue with the Razer keyboard itself. To check if the keyboard is bad, connect it to some other computer and see if it lights up. If it doesn’t, then the issue is with the keyboard. You can take it to the Razer repair center or simply replace it.
Why Razer Turret keyboard is not lighting up?
Your Razer Turret keyboard may not be lighting up because of outdated device drivers.
To fix this, you will need to update the drivers. Follow the steps given below to fix the issue of the Razer Turret keyboard not lighting up.
- Type Device Manager in the search bar located in the taskbar of your computer.
- Go to the Device Driver option.
- If you right-click on the name of each driver, you will see an option to Update them.
- Select the Update option and follow the prompts to update the drivers installed on your computer.
Why are my Razer Pro Type lights not working?
Your Razer Pro-type lights may not be working because of the absence of LED lights or a burnt LED light.
To check the problem that is leading to your Razer Pro-type lights not working, try the steps given below.
- Carefully lift any of the keys of your keyboard and see if there is an LED light underneath it.
- If there is no LED light, then you will need to replace the keyboard and get a new one with lights under the keys.
- If there are LED lights placed under the keys but are not lighting up, try pushing them a little inside the key and see if it works.
- If the keyboard still doesn’t light up, you will need to replace the LED lights or the complete keyboard.
Razer BlackWidow V3 keyboard lights not working
Your Razer BlackWidow V3 keyboard lights may not be working because of loose connections or your USB port is in hibernation mode.
You can fix this issue of Razer BlackWidow V3 keyboard lights not working by ensuring that the cable connections are tight.
Check if the USB ports in which you have connected your keyboard to are not in hibernation mode.
To do this, follow the steps given below.
- Click the Start button on your screen and type Device Manager in the search bar.
- Click the + sign located along with the Universal Series Bus controllers option. Go to the USB Root Hub option and select the Properties option.
- Click the Power Management tab and check the Allow the computer to turn OFF this device to save power checkbox.
- Go to the Control Panel window and then select Power Options. Click the Hibernation tab and select the Enable hibernate support option.
Razer Synapse keyboard lights are not working
Your Razer Synapse lighting may not be working because of faulty LED lights in your keyboard or your keyboard is faulty.
You can fix this by checking your lights. Follow the steps given below to troubleshoot this issue of Razer Synapse lighting not working.
- If your keyboard’s LED lights have gone bad, you will need to replace them with new ones. To do this, take your Razer Synapse to its repair center.
- To check if your keyboard has gone bad, you can plug it into different computers and see if it lights up or not. If it doesn’t work in any one of them, then your keyboard needs to be replaced.
Razer Synapse 3 keyboard lighting not working
Your Razer Synapse 3 lighting may not be working because the lighting option is disabled in your keyboard settings.
To turn the lighting feature ON, follow the steps given below.
- Open the Razer Synapse 3 window on your computer.
- Click the Keyboard tab located in the top menu of the window.
- Click the Lighting option. Under the Switch OFF lighting option, you can set the brightness of the lights of your Razer Synapse 3 and even set the time when the light goes OFF and stays ON.
Razer Huntsman keyboard lights not working
The lights on your Razer Huntsman keyboard may not be working because of issues with the Razer Synapse software. This issue can be fixed only by reinstalling Razer Synapse software on your computer.
To fix this, follow the steps given below.
- Right-click the Windows icon present in the taskbar of your computer screen.
- Select the Run option and type appwiz.cpl in the search bar. Hit the Enter key.
- In the new window that opens on your screen, you will see a list of all the Razer software which are installed on your computer.
- Right-click the name of the Razer Synapse software from the list and select the Uninstall option.
- Once the uninstallation completes, restart your PC.
- Launch the Razer Synapse Download Centre on your computer and click the Download Now option.
- Open the downloaded file location and double-click on the file.
- Select the Run option from the window. Follow the prompts given by the computer to install Razer Synapse on your computer. This will solve the issue of your Razer Huntsman lights not working.
Razer Huntsman Elite keyboard lighting not working
Your Razer Huntsman Elite keyboard lights may not be working because of corrupt or outdated device drivers.
You can fix this issue of Razen Huntsman Elite by updating the device drivers. To do this, follow the steps given below.
- Scan for updates on your computer with third-party software. Once the scanning is complete, make the necessary updates shown on your computer.
- If you have corrupt drivers installed on your computer, you must first delete them. To do this, open the Control Panel of your computer and select Device Manager.
- Select the Device Driver option from the left-hand menu. You will see a list of drivers installed on your computer.
- Find the drivers related to your Razer Huntsman Elite. Right-click them and select the Uninstall option.
- After you have uninstalled the drivers, go to the official Razer website and find your keyboard model. Download the new and latest versions of the drivers from the official website.
- Open the location where the drivers are downloaded. Right-click the name of the driver and click the Run as Administrator option. Follow the prompts given by your computer to install the drivers back.
Razer Cynosa V2 lights not working
Your Razer Cynosa V2 keyboard lights may not be working because of a bad USB port.
You can fix this by following the steps given below.
- Shut down your computer and unplug the keyboard from the current USB port.
- Plug the keyboard in some other USB port.
- Restart your computer and see if the problem is fixed or not.
- To check if the keyboard hasn’t gone bad, plug it in some other computer and see if Razer Cynosa V2 lights up or not. If it doesn’t, then your keyboard has gone bad and needs replacement.