Why is my smart TV stuck on the logo?
Your smart TV may be stuck on the logo because of a firmware update issue, problems with the mainboard of the TV or other hardware or software faults in the TV.
- Firmware updates
- Hardware or software issues
When the firmware of your smart TV is improperly updated or not updated at all, the TV may get stuck at the logo screen. This happens to protect the TV from facing any further damage to the firmware or other components of the TV unit.
The mainboard of the TV consists of numerous fine elements, any of which may become faulty and cause the problem of the TV being stuck on the logo screen. However, there is nothing to worry about as it can easily be troubleshot by basic steps.
Hardware or software issues
Sometimes the hardware of your TV like the power cable, HDMI cables and other cables can get damaged in terms of their insulation layers or the point of attachment. In these cases, the TV is likely to become stuck on the logo screen.
How do you fix a TV that is stuck on the logo?
You can fix a TV that is stuck on the logo by resetting your TV to factory default settings, unplugging and replugging your TV, rebooting your TV, reloading the firmware and updating the firmware.
- Reset TV to factory default settings
- Unplug and replug the TV
- Reboot the TV
- Reload and/or update the TV
- Try entering the Menu screen of your smart TV. Sometimes when the TV is stuck at the logo screen, you may not be able to see the menu. If you can, then select the Reset option from the menu.
- Unplug the power cord of your TV. Wait for around one to two minutes and replug the power cord of your TV. Turn it ON and see if the problem goes away.
- Unplug your TV from the main power switch. Press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds. Release the Power button and turn your smart TV ON.
Reload the firmware of your smart TV as improper loading of the firmware can be the reason for your TV getting stuck at the logo screen.
If the problem still doesn’t go away, you should contact the support center of your smart TV’s manufacturer and get the issue fixed by them.
How to remove the LG logo from the TV screen?
You can remove the LG logo from your LG C2 TV screen by selecting the Home mode.
Here are two ways of removing the LG logo from the TV screen.
If your LG TV has a Netcast
- Press the Settings or Menu button on your LG Smart TV’s remote.
- Go to the Options menu and then select the Mode settings.
- In the Mode settings list of options, select the Home mode. This will remove the LG logo from your TV screen.
If your LG TV has webOS
- Press the Home button on your TV’s remote.
- Select the Settings icon present at the top right corner of your TV screen.
- Go to the All Settings option given at the bottom right corner of the TV screen.
- Select the General option and go to the Home/Store Mode.
- Select the Home mode to remove the LG logo from your smart TV screen.
How to remove the Samsung logo from the TV screen?
You can remove the Samsung logo from the Samsung QN90B TV screen from the Menu option of your TV remote.
To do this, follow the steps given below in detail:
- On the remote control of your Samsung TV, press the Menu button.
- Navigate to the System option in the menu by pressing the Up and Down keys.
- Select the General option and then go to the Boot Logo option. This displays the Samsung logo on the boot screen.
- Click on it to disable the option and remove the Samsung logo from your TV screen.
Why does my TV have a black screen after the logo?
You may experience a black screen on your TV after the logo because of failure of the power supply board, backlight issues, problems with the TV panel, loose cable connections or an activated sleep timer.
- Failure of the power supply board
- Backlight issues
- Problems with the TV panel
- Loose cable connections
- Activated sleep timer
You can fix this issue by following the steps given below.
- Check the cable connections to see if they are firm and free from any damaged wires. Tighten loose connections and replace damaged wires.
- Turn your TV OFF and remove the power cord. Wait for 15-30 minutes before plugging your TV back in. Press and hold the Power button for two to three seconds. Release the button and turn your TV ON. If you have a cable box, make sure that you try turning the TV ON by connecting a different cable box.
- If the problem persists, replace your HDMI cable and see if the black screen goes away.
- If your TV has a power-saving mode feature, make sure that this feature is disabled.
- Replace the power board of your TV with a new one. To do this, keep a soft towel handy to keep the TV screen, a box to store the screws and a screwdriver to remove the screws.
- Place the TV with its screen side on the towel. Start removing the screws at the back of the TV panel.
- Locate the fuses on the TV and replace the damaged ones. Remove the wires that are connected to the TV board.
- Remove the screws that hold the power board and gently pull the power board. Install a new board in its place.
- Plug back all the cables and wires and ensure that the connections are tight.
- Install the back panel of the TV and tighten all the screws. Turn your TV ON and see if the black screen goes away.
Why does my LG TV logo flash on and off?
Your LG TV logo may be flashing ON and OFF because of a bad HDMI cable or dust trapped in the HDMI slot of your LG B1 TV. Sometimes, it can happen because of internal wiring issues.
- Bad HDMI cable or dust in HDMI slot
- Internal wiring issue
The fix can be done easily by hard resetting your TV or replacing the HDMI cable. To do this, follow the steps given below.
- Use your TV remote to do a picture test. If the logo stops flickering during the test, turn your power saving mode OFF. If this doesn’t fix the issue of the LG TV logo flashing ON and OFF, move to the next step.
- If your TV has a smart picture mode, turn this feature OFF and switch to the static option.
- If you are using an extension to plug your TV, try removing it from the extension and connecting it to the wall outlet.
- If the problem still doesn’t go away, replace your HDMI cable with a new one and clean the HDMI port using a fine brush.
- Try hard resetting your TV. To do this, remove the power cord of your TV and press and hold the Power button for ten seconds. Wait for an hour before plugging the TV back in. Turn the TV ON and see if the TV logo stops flashing ON and OFF.
Why is my Netflix stuck on the Netflix logo?
Your Netflix may be stuck on the logo because of a bad network connection or faults in the local servers of Netflix.
- Bad network connection
- Fault in local Netflix servers
The fix can be done by force-stopping the Netflix application, restarting the device, updating the Netflix application or using a VPN connection. Follow the steps given below to fix the Netflix stuck on the logo.
- To force-stop your Netflix, press the Home button on your TV’s remote twice to open the Recent Apps menu.
- Take your cursor to the Netflix application and move it to the X section of your TV. Press the Enter button to stop the application.
- To restart the device, press and hold the Power button for five seconds. When the Power OFF appears on the screen, release the button. At this point, the device will restart. You can open the Netflix application again after the restart.
- To update the application, open Play Store or App Store. Go to the My Apps option and find Netflix from the list. Tap on the Update option to update the Netflix app.
- If the problem still doesn’t go away, you can try using a VPN connection.