Why does the volume on my TV keep going up by itself?
The main reason why your TV volume keeps going up on its own is because of a faulty control board, a faulty TV remote or a discrepancy in audio settings.
Table of Contents
- The buttons on the TV remote are stuck.
- A faulty TV remote.
- An issue with the audio setting.
- The TV’s control board is out of order.
The buttons on the TV remote are stuck
Buttons on the TV remote are quite soft and can easily sink into the cavity that holds them upright. Stuck buttons are usually found in a slant position. Always check your remote if your TV catches strange commands.
A faulty TV remote
A TV remote with faulty batteries may not perform well. Before you change the batteries, you should give a reset to your remote.
An issue with the audio setting
Your TV’s audio settings may also cause strange happenings on your TV, making your TV volume jump up and down on its own. It is best to check your device’s audio settings.
The TV’s control board is out of order
Your TV’s out-of-order control board makes your TV volume increase/decrease without a formal command from you. Replacing the control board is the best way to resolve the problem.
If your TV software is not updated, it can cause problems like TV volume going up and down. Update your software timely to avoid such issues.
How to fix TV volume randomly goes up by itself?
To fix TV volume that randomly goes up by itself, you should check TV software, change bitstream, reset remote or opt for a factory reset.
Check TV Software [Method 1]
- Go to the Home button.
- Select the Installation option.
- Click on the Factory reset or first-time installation option.
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Change the TV volume to verify if the issue has been resolved.
Change Bitstream [Method 2]
- Go to Settings
- Select the Sound, expert settings option.
- Choose HDMI input audio format.
- Change bitstream to PCM.
Reset Remote [Method 3]
- Take out the batteries from the remote.
- Press each key one by one on the remote.
- Put new batteries.
- Test to see if it is working.
Factory Reset [Method 4]
- Click the Home tab.
- Go to Settings.
- Select General options.
- Click on Reset to initial settings.
Important Tip: Always remember that the factory reset will erase all your data, including apps.
Reset the TV [Method 5]
- Unplug the TV from the main power source.
- Press the power button on the TV for around 15 seconds.
- Re-plug the TV after at least 5 minutes.
How To Fix TV Volume Randomly Jumping To 100%?
To fix TV volume that jumps to 100% on its own, you should give a power cycle reset to your TV device.
It can be done by the following method:
- Unplug the TV and leave it as is for around 20 minutes.
- Let its voltage be completely drained.
- Press the power button for around 15 seconds.
- Re-plug the TV.
Why does TV volume keep changing?
The reason why your TV volume keeps changing could be because of a faulty control switch.
If the switch is stuck, it may cause this issue – more strongly so. A faulty remote could also cause the same problem. It’s better to take out the batteries from the remote and manually increase/decrease the TV volume to check.
Why is my TV volume stuck on 100 max level?
The reason why the volume on your TV is stuck on 100 is because of a glitch in TV software.The problem of the volume getting stuck on the max level is common in almost all TV brands.
But some Samsung models are notorious for causing this problem. To resolve the problem, try this:
- Unplug the TV from the power socket.
- Hold the power button on the TV for around 60 seconds.
- Release the button.
- Wait for at least 10 minutes and do nothing.
- Connect the TV to the power socket again.
- Also, remove the batteries from the TV remote.
- Put them back on after waiting for about 10 minutes.
The TV will now work fine. However, if it doesn’t, it will, unfortunately, indicate that your set’s motherboard is out of order and must be replaced. In that case, you don’t have any other option than to take your device to the service center to get it replaced.
Why does the volume keep going up on my Vizio TV?
The reason the volume keeps going up on your Vizio TV is because of a conflict between the program that you want to watch and the settings of your TV.
The volume keeps changing on its own, especially because of the SRS TruVolume feature.
Fixing this problem is simple, and, in most cases, you will not have to send your TV for service. You will have to turn off the TruVolume feature to avoid the issue. For that:
- Go to Main Menu
- Click Audio Settings
- Select Advanced Audio
- Turn off SRS TruVolume
- Also, if you are using a satellite box, you will have to change its audio setting to HDMI Fixed from HDMI Auto
Why does the volume keep going up on my Roku TV?
The reason the volume keeps going up on your Roku TV is because of a faulty and malfunctioning volume button – especially the (+) button used for increasing the volume.
This problem can go away if you follow these steps:
- Turn off the TV.
- Hold the decrease volume button – or the minus sign.
- Turn it on.
If the volume doesn’t go up, it means that the button was stuck – and has now been released. However, if the volume increases on its own, it indicates a faulty control board. To get the problem relaxed, you will have to send your set for service and get the control board replaced.
Some adjustments in your HDMI connection can also help resolve the issue. However, before you proceed to try out the method listed down below, be careful. Working behind the TV is not risk-free, and there is always the risk of electrocution. So, ensure that you don’t touch wires that are supposed to be left untouched. If it is your first time doing so, it is better that you hire a technician and get your TV checked.
Unplug the TV
Leave it as is for at least 15 minutes; this step will let the voltage in the TV completely drain, reducing the possibility of an electric shock.
- Remove all the screws on the back of the TV cover.
- Remove the cover.
- Locate the cable that links the main board to the control keyboard.
- Gently pull it off.
- Now turn the TV on with the help of the remote.
This step will give you some time until you get the board changed. Also, before turning it on, you can let the TV powered off for at least 2 hours. The period will drain all the voltage from its internal body.
Note: Ensure that your hands are not wet when you are dealing with the TV. Also, the area near the TV should be completely dry. The steps are simple, but they do require care. Those who have not worked with electric appliances before are strongly advised not to regard it as a DIY project; they must call a technician.
Why does the volume keep going up on my LG TV?
The reason why the volume keeps going up on your LG TV is because buttons on the remote are stuck, TV’s software settings have some glitches or buttons on the remote are stuck.
Other reasons for this odd behavior include:
- TV’s software settings have some glitches
- The buttons on the remote are stuck
- The button on the TV is stuck
The question now arises: what should be done to resolve the problem. Here are some steps that you can follow to resolve the issue:
Check the Remote’s Button
Check your remote to see if any button is in a slant position, which usually indicates that the button is stuck. Or you can manually press them as well. If the volume button is not getting pressed, it means that it is already stuck. You will have to bring it out manually.
TV Panel Button
Some LG TV models have a small joystick at their bottom. If the joystick is stuck, it malfunctions, resulting inunwanted messages to your TV, which makes the volume go up and down on its own. Check for the joystick position and manually bring it to its original position.
If the remote is causing any issues due to low battery or any other internal problems, you should give it a full reset. Try these steps:
- Take out the batteries from the remote
- Press each key one by one on the remote
- Put new batteries
- Test to see if it is working
Reset the TV
Just like what you did with the remote, you will have to give a complete reset to your TV as well. It can be as follows:
- Unplug the TV from the main power source
- Press the power button on the TV for around 15 seconds
- Re-plug the TV after at least 5 minutes
Why does the volume keep going up on my Samsung TV?
The reason why the volume keeps going up on your Samsung TV on its own (especially if you have 2020 QLED 4K and 8K models, save Q60) is because of the newly launched “Sound Sensor” feature in your device.
This feature detects sounds in the surroundings and smartly adjusts the sound output of the television. It can, however, create some inconvenience for people when the TV’s volume starts going up by itself.
Here are some methods that can help you fix it:
Turning off Sound Sensor
Samsung TV models have a small button at the bottom, which handles the feature. You can turn it off by sliding it to the right.
A pop-up message will appear on your TV, letting you know that the feature has been turned off.
Turning off Active Voice Amplifier
Another feature that Samsung offers to its customers is the “Active Voice Amplifier.” It analyzes the surroundings and adjusts the sound accordingly to give the best viewing experience to consumers.
If this feature is interfering with your experience, you can disable it by following these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Choose General.
- Go to Intelligent Mode Settings.
- Either select Intelligent Mode to turn all functions or select each of them one by one to turn them off.