Why does my Anker Soundcore 2 speaker keep disconnecting?
The main reason why your Anker Soundcore 2 speaker keeps disconnecting is because of the distance between the speaker and the audio source is too far or a faulty battery.
Table of Contents
- A faulty battery
- The speaker is unable to connect with the device (audio source)
- Unstable connection
- Software updates are not installed
- The speaker’s low charge
A faulty battery
The speaker’s battery comes with a useful life. It could be 5 years or more. (You should ask about these details from the customer representative at the store) Why knowing about this is important? The reason is that sometimes the device stops working all of a sudden. It does so because its battery, its nucleus, has passed its useful life. In that case, it is better to get it replaced timely.
The speaker is unable to connect with the device (audio source)
If the speaker was connected to another device and that device is open for connection, or if too many other devices are connected to the audio source, the speaker may exhibit some pairing issues. It is best to power off the speaker and restart them before pairing them with the audio source.
Electronic devices in the close range of the speaker, especially those with the frequency of 2.4GHz, are likely to interfere with the performance of your speaker. What should you do? Either change your location or turn off electronic devices that are not in use. If you are using peripheral devices, you can plug them out.
If the audio source is connected to too many devices, the speaker will find it difficult to maintain a strong and stable connection with the device. If the speaker is in prime use, you should disconnect all the unnecessary devices and keep the device connected to the speaker only.
Software updates are not installed
Smartphones and laptops need regular updates. Their manufacturers routinely send notifications about the available updates, which must be installed timely. If you missed an update, your device might have some performance issues. Sometimes, it will fail to connect to wireless devices like a speaker. If your speaker isn’t getting connected, it is best that you install the updates.
The speaker’s low charge
Anker Soundcore 2 can perform on a single charge for up to 15 hours, but it does depend on the level of activity. In most cases, you get a notification (the built-in voice) about your speaker’s low battery. To avoid disruptions, you should get them charged when the first notification pops up.
Why Anker Soundcore 2 keeps cutting out?
The reason your Anker Soundcore 2 keeps cutting out is because of its faulty or broken circuit board.
Internal wear and tear are not visible to the naked eye. Many users don’t get to know about the problem until the issue has been exacerbated to a point where you cannot rectify it. This problem causes the speaker to keep cutting out.
Why Anker Soundcore 2 keeps skipping audio?
The reason your Anker Soundcore 2 keeps skipping audio every 4-5 minutes is because of the distance between the device responsible for audio and the speaker. Another reason for this issue could be the speaker’s incompatibility with the audio source.
Or the distance between the WiFi router and the speaker.
Incompatibility issues, unfortunately, do not have any fixes. It suggests that the device cannot support thespeaker of a particular brand.
- The only remedy that you have is to buy a new set of speakers – and too that from a different brand
- Suppose the speaker used to connect to the device and is not connecting anymore. In that case, you should consider resetting both the speaker and the phone/laptop, forgetting the pairing device, and reconnecting them
How to Fix Anker Soundcore 2 Speakers that Keep Disconnecting
To fix Anker Soundcore 2 speakers that keep disconnecting, reset your speaker, reduce the distance between speaker and device or charge the speaker.
Reset Your Speaker [Method 1]
- Press the Bluetooth button.
- Hold it for at least 8 seconds.
- Release the button.
- Press the Power button for at least 8 seconds.
- Release it.
- Turn the speaker on.
Reduce the Distance between the Speaker and the Device [Method 2]
- Get your speaker closer to Wi-Fi.
- Sit in the same room where Wi-Fi is.
- Turn off the Wi-Fi router.
- Turn it on again (this step is to check whether the router is working).
- Connect the device.
Charge the Speaker [Method 3]
- Turn off the speaker.
- Plug it into the nearest power outlet.
- Let it charge.
Note: The speaker takes around 4 hours at 5V2A for a full charge.
Why does my Anker Soundcore 2 speaker keep turning off?
The reason your Anker Soundcore 2 speaker keeps turning off is because you haven’t connected it to any device for around 10 minutes.
If the speaker is already connected to a device but still keeps turning off, it means it has a low battery.
To fix the issue:
- Turn the speaker off.
- Plug them into the nearest power socket.
- Let the speaker charge.
- Turn it on when the “full charge” light begins to blink – the speaker usually takes 4 hours for a full charge.
Why does my Anker Soundcore 2 speaker keep disconnecting from Wi-Fi?
The reason your Anker Soundcore 2 speakers keep disconnecting from WiFi is because of a weak connection or thick walls. If the WiFI router is kept in another room and the walls of that room are thick, it gets difficult for the device to connect to the WiFi.
To fix the issue:
- Get your speaker closer to WiFi.
- Sit in the same room where WiFi is.
- If the problem doesn’t get resolved, reset the router.
The speaker should connect now.
Why does the Anker Soundcore 2 speaker keep disconnecting from Bluetooth?
The reason your Anker Soundcore 2 speakers keep disconnecting from Bluetooth is because of an issue with the laptop.
It can be resolved through power cycling your laptop.
- Turn off the computer.
- Remove the battery.
- Press the power button for 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the battery.
- Press the power button.
The computer has been powered on.
Anker Soundcore 2 speaker making a buzzing noise
Anker Soundcore 2 speakers make a buzzing noise when they have loose wires or a damaged circuit board.
- Speakers exposed to water droplets or moisture also create a buzzing noise. This issue arises when water droplets, especially in a high humidity setting, settle near the circuit board and start messing up with the speaker’s internal wire. If you keep your speaker cleaned and free of such buildup, you will avoid such issues.
- If your speaker is in an area with several electronic gadgets, it is exposed to electromagnetic waves. Such interference createsa buzzing noise in the speaker. Ensure that unnecessary devices are turned off.
- If you receive a call on your phone, the speaker may start making static noise. Check your phone if the audio you’re listening to gets disrupted.
How to factory reset Anker Soundcore 2
To factory reset Anker Soundcore 2, press the power button and simultaneously hold the Bluetooth and volume (+) button or press the volume (+) and play buttons together.
- Press the Power button.
- Simultaneously hold the Bluetooth and volume (+) button.
- Keep pressing it until the speaker turns off.
- Turn on the speaker by holding Press.
- Now that the speaker has been turned on, it is reset. It will now be in the pairing mode.
- Press the Power button to turn on the speaker.
- Press the Volume (+) and Play buttons simultaneously.
- Hold them for about 5-8 seconds or until the device turns off.
- Turn on the speaker by pressing the Power button.
- The device has now been reset and is ready for pairing.
- Press the Power button.
- Turn off the speaker.
- Wait for around 20 seconds.
- Turn the device back on.
Anker Soundcore 2 not connecting to PC
Anker Soundcore 2 may not be connecting to your PC if the Bluetooth option hasn’t been turned on, on your computer.
This issue is fixed in the following way:
- Go to Start.
- Click on the Settings option (it has a small gear logo beside it).
- Select Bluetooth and other devices.
- Toggle on.
- Now click on the plus button on the top.
- Turn on your speaker.
- Click on the Bluetooth logo.
- Now pair the Bluetooth device.
Anker Soundcore 2 not connecting with iPhone
The reason why your Anker Soundcore 2 is not connecting with your iPhone is because of electromagnetic interference. These signals come in the way of the phone, creating disruptions.
Electric devices around you that fall in the vicinity of the speaker may cause issues. When they are “on,” electromagnetic waves/signals are transmitted.
How to fix the issue:
- Turn off all the electric devices.
- Switch them one by one to check which device is creating more problems.
- Turn off the device that has been identified as the troublemaker.
Also, if you haven’t installed updates on your iPhone, the device may start exhibiting weird behavior. So, get it updated and then reconnect.
- If it still doesn’t connect, turn off the phone
- Wait for another 20 seconds
- Switch it on
- The speaker will get connected now
- In case the problem persists, forget the pairing
- Turn off the speaker
- Turn them on
- Connect the two devices
- The speaker should work now
If the speaker doesn’t work even after the reset, it is incompatible with the iPhone. You should get a new set of speakers to use with the phone.
Important Tip: You can consider power-cycling the phone to see if the issue gets resolved. If it doesn’t, you have no option to make the speaker work.
Anker Soundcore 2 not connecting with Samsung Galaxy phone
Your Anker Soundcore 2 is not connecting with the Samsung Galaxy phone because the speaker is not within the Bluetooth range. Other possible reasons for this issue could be the speaker’s low battery or the fact that the phone’s Bluetooth isn’t turned on.
To fix the issue:
- Bring the speaker and the phone/laptop closer together.
- Connect the two devices now.
- Check if the phone’s Bluetooth is open. If it’s not turning on, restart your phone and then check.
- Get your speaker charged as a low battery also creates this issue.
- Your speaker should easily connect now.
Important Tip: Timely updates of the phone are essential for their optimal performance. Don’t delay the updates and install them quickly. Also, if your phone is updated and there is no apparent issue in them, and still the speaker isn’t connecting, it may indicate that the device is incompatible with the speaker.
You will have to call the Samsung customer care center and ask them if the particular model is compatible with the speaker.