Why is my battery light blinking on my LENOVO laptop?
Your battery light is blinking on your LENOVO laptop because the battery is charging or there is a battery error. It can also mean that the battery is running low or the battery is almost completely charged.
- Charging battery
- Battery error
- Low battery
- Almost completely charged battery
An amber or white slow-blinking battery light indicates that the battery is charging. The battery has a different charge level for each color.
The battery light may blink if there is a battery-related error. This can be instances like the battery not getting charged or a problem with the charger.
A fast blinking red light indicates that the battery has a very low charge and needs to be charged at the earliest. This will turn to a slow-blinking amber light when the battery charge reaches a certain value.
Almost completely charged battery
The battery light may also blink on the LENOVO laptop if the battery is almost completely charged and you can remove the charger if you want to.
LENOVO laptop light blink codes
The following table highlights the light codes for a LENOVO G400/G405/G505/G410/G510 laptop. The codes may vary slightly for a different model Lenovo laptop.
|White||Solid||The battery has a charge of over 80%.|
|The battery charge is between 20% and 80%. The blinking will stop when the battery gets charged to 80%|
|Amber||Solid||The battery charge is between 5% and 20%.|
|The battery is getting charged. The color will change to white when the charge is 20%.|
|The battery or the battery connection has a problem.|
|Red||Solid||The battery is completely dead and has to be charged immediately for it to turn ON. There may also be a hardware issue.|
|Red||Blinking||The battery charge is less than 5% and must be connected to a power source as soon as possible.|
Why is my LENOVO laptop not turning on and the power light blinking?
The LENOVO laptop isn’t turning ON and the power light is blinking often due to a hardware issue such as power cable or adapter-related issues or a short circuit in the motherboard. The problem may also be a result of a loose connection between the Power button and motherboard or a defective Power button.
In some rare cases, software problems like a failed BIOS update and a malware or virus infection can also prevent the laptop from turning ON but the power light will keep blinking.
How to fix a LENOVO laptop not turning on and the power light blinking issue
You can fix a LENOVO laptop not turning ON and the power light blinking issue by doing a Power button reset, resetting the laptop, checking the battery, or using a different cable or power adapter. You can also update the BIOS, use a virus scanner and check the Power button for damage.
- Remove the laptop from its power source and detach the battery if it can be removed. Keep the Power button pressed for half a minute. Put the battery back and reconnect the laptop to the power source.
- Remove the battery charger, battery, and any other device connected to the laptop. Check for a small emergency reset hole at the back of the laptop. Press this hole-like button with a needle. Turn ON the laptop. If you don’t have a reset button, you can press the Power button for a minute.
- Remove any device including the AC adapter connected to the laptop and also detach the battery if possible. Hold on to the Power button for thirty seconds. Connect only the charger back once again and try to switch ON the laptop. If it gets turned ON, the battery is faulty and needs a change.
- Connect the AC cable to the charging port of the laptop. Check if the indicator light for the power status is ON. If so, the cable is in good condition. If it’s not ON, the power adapter and outlet need to be checked.
- Detach the battery if you can do so and disconnect all other devices connected to the laptop. Press the Power button for about half a minute and reconnect only the battery. Try turning ON the computer. Before replacing your charger, try connecting the charger to another wall outlet and ensuring a firm connection between the power cable and the power adapter.
- Reset the BIOS to the default settings by rebooting the laptop and pressing F2 to enter the BIOS screen. Then, select Reset to Default under the Security section. Press F10 to save the setting and exit the screen. Try turning ON the laptop.
- Do a virus and/or malware check and remove action with yout antivirus software. The blinking will stop and the laptop will turn ON when the infection is cleared.
- Check for physical signs of damage such as breaks and cracks on the Power button. Replace the button if you find such damage. You’ll have to open the laptop and do a bit of soldering to do this.
If the problem persists after you’ve tried all the above measures, the issue could be due to a hardware problem like a faulty power supply or motherboard. You can change them yourself or seek the assistance of the LENOVO support team.
What does a blinking orange light on LENOVO laptop mean?
A blinking orange light on the LENOVO laptop means that the battery is low and is being charged. The blinking light can also be due to a faulty battery or battery connection.
- Charge the battery until its charge reaches 20%. The orange color will turn to white when the battery charge has this value.
- Remove the battery from the laptop and try using it with only the AC adapter. If the laptop works without any problem, the battery is faulty and has to be replaced.
- Connect the laptop to a different wall outlet and check if the blinking stops. If it does, the original wall outlet has a problem. On the other hand, if it doesn’t stop, try changing the charger. If there is no blinking, the charger is defective and must be changed.
What does a solid orange light on LENOVO laptop mean?
A solid orange light on the LENOVO laptop indicates that the battery charge is between 5% and 20%. The laptop will usually be in power saver mode.
- Connect the plug end of the AC power cable to the wall outlet.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the laptop’s charging port.
- Ensure that the AC adapter is connected to the AC port.
- Turn ON the power switch.
- The laptop will start charging, and the solid orange light will turn white when the battery charge crosses 20%.
What does a blinking white light on LENOVO laptop mean?
A blinking white light on the LENOVO laptop means the battery charge is between 20% and 80%. The laptop battery will continue to get charged if it’s connected to a battery charger.
- Connect one end of the power cable to the laptop’s charging port.
- Connect the other end of the AC cable to the wall outlet.
- Turn the power source to the ON position.
The blinking white light will turn to a solid white light when the battery gets charged to 80%. The charging process will continue until 100% charge is reached.
Why is my laptop showing a white light when charging?
Your laptop shows a white light when charging because the battery charge is more than 80%. The light will be solid, and there will be no blinking. The battery will resume charging if it’s connected to the charger. The white light will remain ON even after the laptop battery has attained 100% charge and the charger is still connected.
This white light isn’t a problem and doesn’t require a fix. If you still don’t want the light to appear, you can remove the charger from the laptop when the battery charger reaches 80%.
Lenovo laptop charging light blinking in white (3 times)
The Lenovo laptop charging light blinks white three times when there is a faulty wall outlet or defective battery charger present.
- Connect the laptop to a different wall outlet to charge the battery. If the three white light blinks stop, the wall outlet to which the charger was connected is faulty.
- Charge the laptop using a different battery charger. If you don’t notice the charging light blinking white thrice, the original charger is defective and has to be changed.
Lenovo laptop charging light blinking in white (4 times)
The Lenovo laptop charging light blinks in white color four times because the battery driver is outdated or the battery is defective.
- Check for outdated battery drivers and update them to their latest version. The update can be installed through the Batteries node in the Device Manager window.
- Connect a new and properly working battery to the laptop and check if the blinking stops. If it does, the battery is defective and needs to be replaced.
Why is my LENOVO laptop charging light solid red?
Your Lenovo laptop charging light is solid red because the battery is completely dead and has to be charged to a certain level before it can be turned ON. The solid red light can also trigger the possibility of a hardware problem.
- Connect the battery charger to the wall outlet and the laptop. Wait a while for the battery to pick up some charge so you can turn it ON.
- Seek assistance from the manufacturer’s support team to fix hardware issues if you’re not confident handling them yourself.
Why is my LENOVO laptop charging light flashing red?
Your Lenovo laptop charging light is flashing red because the battery charge has dropped below a threshold. The computer will turn OFF soon automatically if it’s not connected to the power source.
- Connect the laptop immediately to a properly working wall outlet.
- Turn the power source to the ON position.
Why is my LENOVO laptop charging light not on?
Your Lenovo laptop charging light is not ON due to power cord issues, a failing battery, or outdated battery drivers.
- Check the power cord for signs of damage such as bending or cracking and get it replaced. If there are no damage signs, ensure it’s connected firmly to the wall outlet, AC port, and laptop.
- Look out for outdated battery drivers and update them to their latest versions. In some rare cases, you may have to do a driver rollback. If the drivers are corrupted, you’ll have to do a clean uninstallation and reinstallation of the drivers. Remember to restart the laptop after the uninstallation as well as installation.