Why is my battery light blinking on my ACER laptop?
The main reason why a battery light may be blinking on your Acer laptop is because of BIOS update issues, a faulty battery, dust inside the battery slots, outdated battery drivers, or a faulty AC adapter.
- BIOS update issues
- Incorrectly installed battery
- Dust trapped inside the battery slots
- Outdated battery drivers
- Faulty AC adapters
- Software issues
BIOS update issues
When the BIOS installed on your laptop is outdated, the laptop is unable to turn ON and the battery lights keep blinking. The only way to fix this issue is to update the BIOS version.
Incorrectly installed battery
If the battery is incorrectly installed on your laptop or the battery is not fitted well inside the slots, the battery light may blink.
Dust trapped inside the battery slots
If there is a lot of dust trapped inside the battery slots, the laptop may be unable to detect the battery installed in your laptop. You can fix this problem by blowing some air into the slot.
Outdated battery drivers
If the battery drivers installed on your laptop are old, the battery may not be able to charge, showing any charging light.
Faulty AC adapters
If the AC adapter that you use to charge your battery is faulty, your battery will not receive any power, and so, it will show a blinking light.
If the software installed on your laptop is having trouble updating itself, the battery light will keep blinking. The best way to fix this issue is to reset your battery and reboot your laptop.
ACER laptop light blink codes
|Power light is OFF||OFF||System OFF|
|Amber power light||Flashing||S3 State|
|Blue power light||Flashing||System ON|
Amber battery light
|Blue battery light||Flashing||Hard drive problem or battery charging problem|
|No battery light||No charging light||Faulty AC adapter|
|Orange battery light||Blinking thrice||Incorrectly installed battery|
|White battery light||Blinking 5 times||Software update issues|
Why is my ACER laptop not turning on and the power light blinking?
Your Acer laptop may not be turning ON and the power light may be blinking because the BIOS of your laptop is outdated, or a faulty battery.
- Critically low battery
- Battery not charging
How to fix an ACER laptop not turning on and the power light is blinking?
You can fix this issue by updating the BIOS and charging the low battery. To do so, follow the procedure mentioned below.
- Press the R and Windows keys on your keyboard. Type msinfo32 in the bar and hit the Enter key. A window with the BIOS specifications of your laptop will appear on the screen. Note down all the important information like the BIOS version.
- Go to the official website of Acer and select the Support option.
- Enter the specifications of your laptop and the BIOS installed on it.
- Click on the relevant BIOS file to download it. Once the downloading finishes, open the file to install the latest version of BIOS on your laptop.
- Reboot your laptop and see if the issue of the Acer laptop not turning ON and the power light blinking is solved or not.
- In case the battery of your laptop is critically low, charge your laptop by connecting an AC adapter and letting it charge for at least 30 minutes. This will solve the issue of your Acer laptop not turning ON and the power light blinking.
If the battery isn’t charging because of a fault, you must change it. This will help to turn ON the laptop.
What is the orange light blinking on my ACER laptop battery charger?
The orange light may blink on your Acer laptop battery charger because of a critically low battery level. Connecting an AC adapter to charge your laptop can easily fix this issue. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- Connect the AC adapter of your laptop to charge the laptop battery.
- If the battery still doesn’t charge, check your AC adapter by connecting it to a different laptop.
- If the AC adapter is good, connect it to the laptop for at least 40 minutes to charge it sufficiently. This will solve the issue of your Acer laptop battery charger blinking orange light.
Why is my ACER laptop charger’s red light blinking?
Your Acer laptop charger’s red light may be blinking because of a low battery or outdated drivers. You can easily fix this issue by connecting an AC adapter. To do this, follow the steps given below.
- Turn OFF your laptop.
- Connect the AC adapter to your laptop and let the laptop charge for at least 30 minutes.
- If the red light on your Acer laptop is still blinking, check your AC adapter to ensure it is not faulty. If the adapter is bad, replace it with a new one and reconnect the adapter to the laptop.
- Make sure that the adapter is firmly connected to the laptop.
- In addition, ensure that your laptop has the latest battery drivers installed on it.
What does a blinking blue light mean on ACER laptop mean?
A blinking blue light on an Acer laptop may mean that the hard drive is not properly installed or the battery is facing issues while charging. You can fix this issue by following the steps given below.
- Please turn OFF your laptop and place it on a flat surface so the bottom lies towards you.
- Disconnect the AC adapter from the laptop.
- Take a paperclip and press and hold the Reset button for 5 seconds.
- Turn your laptop ON and see if the blue light stops blinking on your Acer laptop.
- If the issue persists, you can try reinstalling the hard drive on your laptop. Before reinstalling it, blow some air into the slot to remove any trapped dust. Install the hard drive again in your laptop and see if the blinking blue light stops on your Acer laptop.
Why is there no charging light on my ACER laptop?
There may be no charging light on your Acer laptop because of a bad power socket, a bad AC adapter, outdated battery drivers, or an outdated BIOS.
You can fix each of these issues by following the steps given below.
- Make sure that the power socket that you are using has enough power coming into it. If not, try connecting the adapter to a different power socket and see if your laptop charging light appears.
- Check your AC adapter by connecting it to a different laptop to see if the adapter is not bad. If the adapter has gone bad, replace it with a new one and start charging your laptop.
- If the problem persists, check your laptop battery to see if it is properly placed and fitted in its location. You can also try removing the battery and cleaning the slot by blowing some air into it.
- If the battery drivers are the reason your Acer laptop shows no battery light, you can update the drivers by visiting the official Acer website. Select the Drivers and Manuals option. Enter the specifications of your device and download the relevant battery drivers on your laptop.
- Click on the downloaded files to install the updated drivers on your laptop. Restart your laptop and see if the problem goes away.
- To update your laptop’s BIOS, press the R and Windows keys on your laptop simultaneously. Write msinfo32 in the search bar and press the Enter key. You will see the BIOS specifications of your computer. Note down the version and other important information you see on your screen.
- Go to the Support section on Acer’s website and enter your BIOS information. Download the BIOS updates on your laptop. Install the BIOS and restart your laptop. This will solve the issue of your Acer laptop showing no charging light.
Acer laptop charging light blinking orange 3 times
Your Acer laptop charging light may be blinking orange 3 times if there are issues with the battery installation in your laptop. To fix this issue of your Acer laptop blinking orange light thrice, try the steps given below.
- Power OFF your laptop and place your laptop upside down on a smooth surface.
- Take the battery out from your laptop and disconnect the AC adapter. Press and hold the Power button for 30 seconds.
- In case you don’t have a removable battery, press and hold the Reset button located at the bottom of your laptop for 5 seconds.
- Reconnect the AC adapter to your laptop and turn it ON. The issue of your Acer laptop blinking an orange light three times will be solved.