Why are my Galaxy Buds2 Pro earbuds making a weird noise?
The main reason why Galaxy Buds2 Pro earbusd can make a weird buzzing noise is because the software is not updated, the devide needs to be reset, or due to too much moisture in the earbuds.
Outdated software is not the only reason for a weird noise in the earbuds. Several other factors also disrupt the headset’s sound:
- Blown-out headphones cause a crackling noise in the earbuds
- Earwax or debris buildup in the earbuds results in weird sounds
- Electrical interferences within the Bluetooth range of the earbuds
- The distance from the audio source is a cause behind weird sounds in the headset
- Faulty wires disrupt the earbuds and create buzzing/hissing sounds
- Outdated software is the main reason for interferences in the earbuds’ sound
Blown-out headphones cause a crackling noise in the earbuds
The speakers of the earbuds get damaged when they are exposed to loud volume for prolonged periods. This problem is rare, and earbuds like Galaxy Buds2 don’t go through such damage. But it is a possibility, and there is no harm in checking the earbuds’ hardware if you experience any weird noise.
Earwax or debris buildup in the earbuds results in weird sounds
Earwax or other debris or dirt found in the air can easily pass through the tiny holes of the earbuds. Many users don’t realize that the earbuds may need cleaning, and the debris remains unheeded. This buildup interferes with the headset’s circuit and results in strange noise.
Electrical interferences within the Bluetooth range of the earbuds
Electronic appliances like a microwave oven or WiFi routers cause interference in the earbuds’ signal. If you are near these appliances – for example, at a café, etc. – you should change your position and sit at a place with no such disturbances.
The distance from the audio source is a cause behind weird soundsin the headsets
The standard distance between wireless earbuds and the audio device is 30 feet. If you observe some weird sounds in the earbuds, you should come closer to the audio source.
Faulty wiresdisrupt the earbuds and create buzzing/hissing sounds
Sometimes, the problem lies in the hardware of the headset. Faulty wires interfere with the workings of the headset and cause weird sounds in them.
Outdated software is the main reason for interferences in the earbuds’ sound
The problem of weird sounds in the headset gets quickly resolved when it has been updated. Timely updates don’t create such problems at all.
Why are Galaxy Buds2 Pro earbuds making a crackling noise?
Crackling noise coming from the Galaxy Buds2 Pro earbuds is caused by electrical devices interfering with the Bluetooth signal.
How to Fix Crackling Noise on Galaxy Buds2 Pro
To fix any crackling noises coming from the Galaxy Buds2 Pro earbuds, you should turn off Bluetooth for 15 seconds and then turn it back on.
Dealing with Electrical Interferences [Method 1]
Devices like microwave ovens, a wireless keyboard or mouse, and WiFi routers cause electrical interferences that result in weird sounds in the earbuds. To fix the issue:
- Identify the electrical gadget that is causing the interference.
- Turn off all the devices and then turn them on one by one.
- Check which device is causing the interruption and turn it off.
Turn off Bluetooth [Method 2]
Crackling noise may also result if there is some problem with the Bluetooth connection.
It is best to try out the following method to fix the issue:
- Go to Settings and tap Bluetooth
- Turn it off for 10-15 seconds.
- Turn it on again and pair it with earbuds
Check the Noise Cancelation Method [Method 3]
Since the earbuds’ noise cancelation feature is always “active,” it does result in crackling sounds in the headset. Turning the feature is one of the ways to fix the issue.
Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Touch any one of the earbuds.
- Hold it until you hear a beep sound; the sound will indicate that the feature has been turned off.
Software Update [Method 4]
Samsung cannot emphasize enough the importance of keeping the devices fully updated.
A quick fix for this problem is:
- Going to the headsets app.
- Checking for any updates.
- Going with the updates by following on-screen instructions.
Why is my Galaxy Buds2 Pro Making Static Noise?
Faulty wires, electrical interferences, unclean earbuds, and a low headset battery may result in static noise in the headset.
How to Fix Static Noise on Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro
Do you need a replacement if you observe these problems in your earbuds? Samsung doesn’t mind if you claim for replacement.
However, before going through the hassle of getting the product exchanged, you may try the following methods to help resolve the issue.
Check Software Updates [Method 1]
Samsung sends notifications for software updates.
Here is how you can fix the problem:
- Follow the notification and click on the update now option.
- Wait for the process to be completed.
- Check if the earbuds work well.
- If they don’t, update the device they’re connected to (if needed)
- If the problem persists, check if the apps responsible for the audio output are running on their latest version. Update them if needed.
Check the Device’s Compatibility [Method 2]
There could be a possibility for your device to be incompatible with the earbuds.
- Unpair the earbuds.
- Pair them with another device – your laptop or some other phone.
- See if the earbuds work perfectly well.
- If they do, it shows that the problem is in your device.
Restart the Earbuds [Method 3]
Static noise can be eliminated when you restart the earbuds.
- Remove the headset and keep it in its charging case.
- Close the lid and don’t open it until you see red or orange flashes on the battery indicator; it may take at least 10 seconds.
- Check if the earbuds are fully charged. Take them out only if they don’t need more charge.
How to Fix High Pitched Noise on Galaxy Buds2 Pro
Moisture in the earbuds is the main reason for high pitched noises coming from your Galaxy Buds2 Pro device. Samsung suggest that users reset the earbuds if they hear such sounds.
The problem can be resolved by:
- Using a lint-free cloth to clean water droplets off of the headset.
- Putting the earbuds in a bag of rice for 2 days.
- Going to the Samsung Wearable app.
- Tapping Earbuds setting and on General.
- And finally, selecting Reset.
Why are my Galaxy Buds Pro Making a Buzzing Noise?
Buzzing noise in the earbuds is caused by unwanted electrical interference. The active noise cancelation feature also causes it.
The following steps may help resolve the problem quickly:
- Choose an area where there are fewer interferences.
- Turn off the active noise cancelation option to stop the constant buzzing in the headset.
Why is my Galaxy Buds2 Pro Making a Hissing Noise?
The hissing noise in the earbuds may be caused by moisture in them. You may not realize it, but your sweat can also travel through the tiny holes inside the earbuds.
Here is how you can fix the problem:
- Take off the earbuds and see for any signs of moisture or water droplets.
- Take an alcohol swab and clean the earbuds.
- Take a lint-free cloth and rub it across the headset.
- Place the earbuds in a bag of rice for 48 hours to completely drain out the moisture or the accumulated water droplets.
Galaxy Buds2 Pro Static Noise in the Left Ear
Static noise in the Galaxy Buds2 Pro left earbud can be fixed by updating the software, drying any moisture and resetting the earbuds.
- Updating the software of the headset, device, and apps.
- Resetting and restarting the earbuds.
- Checking for moisture in the headset.
Galaxy Buds2 Pro Static Noise in the Right Ear
Static noise in the Galaxy Buds2 Pro right earbud can be resolved by updating the firmware and restarting the earbuds.
- Update the software of the earbuds.
- Update the software of the device to which the headset is connected.
- Update apps that you are using to listen to music.
- Unpair the headset and re-pair it with the device.
- Restart the headset by putting it inside its charging case for 10 seconds.
- Reset the earbuds.
How Do I Turn on Noise Canceling on Galaxy Buds2 Pro?
There are two options to turn on the noise canceling feature on the Galaxy Buds2 Pro; manually or through the app.
First, let us see how you can turn it on manually:
- Gently touch any one of the earbuds.
- Hold it for some time.
- Release it when you hear a beep sound.
In case you are interested in turning the feature on through the Samsung Wearable app, here’s what you should do:
- Access the Galaxy Wearable app.
- You will see a toggle beside Active Noise Canceling.
- Turn it on.
- The device will make a beep sound, indicating that the feature has been activated.
Why is my Galaxy Buds2 Pro ANC not working?
Active noise cancelation is easy to activate and performs quite efficiently.
If you have problems while using this feature, check the following:
- Are the earbuds properly inserted in your ear canal?
- Is the size of the ear tip fit for you?
- Have you properly worn the earbuds.
If the earbuds don’t sit well inside your ear canal, you may observe that the headset cannot block background noise. Addressing these issues will help resolve the issue.
The Samsung Wearable app should be your go-to place to find earbuds that perfectly fit you. If you are using a non-Samsung device, it may not be compatible with your earphones.