Table of Contents
Why is my Asus touchpad not working?
The touchpad on a Asus laptop may not be working because of an outdated driver, or because the touchpad is disabled in the settings.
Whether your Asus laptop is new or old, you may face the problems with the touchpad not feezing or not working.
- Disabling the Touchpad by pressing any key- In many Asus laptops there is an enable and disable option, you might have accidentally disabled the laptop with that option.
- Driver – It can also be a result of an out-of-date driver. This may result in the freezing of your touchpad.
- Disabling the touchpad from Settings – You might even accidentally disable it from the settings of your laptop.
Having a problem with the touchpad of your laptop isn’t a new thing. Moreover, it is among the most common parts of a laptop that causes any problem.
However, in this article I will be discussing how you can fix the touchpad of your Asus laptop it is showing any issues.
If you can diagnose the root of the problem and if the problem isn’t much severe, you will be able to fix it yourself. Without further ado, let’s jump into them on how you can diagnose and fix the problem.
Troubleshooting an ASUS Laptop Touchpad
Even though your laptop touchpad getting frozen is a moment of panic, but it can be easily solved if you have disabled it by any chance. Although there may be other reasons, you can diagnose them and assess the problem with precision. The main reasons behind the problem –
- You might have pressed on the disabling touchpad key, mostly the F3 key or the F9 key on the keyboard.
- You also might have disabled the touchpad through the settings.
- If your driver is out-of-date, it can also be a problem behind your touchpad getting frozen.
How to fix an ASUS touchpad
It is indeed a moment of panic when the Touchpad of your laptop stops working. However, you can easily solve these problems on your own by following some simple steps, and there is absolutely no reason to panic.
The touchpad of your laptop might not be working for several reasons, such as disabling the touchpad from settings or by pressing keys or because of an out-of-date driver. Here are the steps you can follow to fix the problem –
- On the keyboard of your Asus laptop, press on the Windows logo key and the key ‘I’ together.
- This will open the Settings.
- You will be given many options. You need to click on Devices.
- There you need to go to the Touchpad option.
- In the next step, you need to go to the Additional Settings.
- Click on the Enable Touchpad box, to enable the touchpad.
- Then click on ‘Apply’ and then on ‘Ok.’
- Now you need to manually check if your touchpad is working or not.
How to fix an ASUS touchpad that is not scrolling
Your touchpad, not scrolling, can be a frustrating situation. However, there is no need to panic. By following some simple steps, you can easily be able
You need to check whether you have disabled the touchpad, you can do it by going to settings and following the above-written process. If it is enabled, then the problem might be caused due to an out of date driver. You can update your driver by following these steps –
To download a Touchpad driver, you can go to your search engine, and then follow these steps –
- Type ‘Asus,’ then your model on the manufacturer side. You will get a suitable driver.
- You can easily download the driver from there.
- The next step will be to install.
- After you have installed, you need to run it.
After you have successfully installed it you need to follow these steps –
- Download a free or paid driver and Install it.
- Run the program and click on the Scan Now button. It will automatically scan your computer and find any error. It will easily diagnose any problem if there is with your driver.
- You will get an update button in the program. You can click on this it will automatically update your driver.
- Then you need to click on install to use the right version of the driver.
- Go to start.
- Restart your laptop.
- Once your laptop switches on again, you can manually check whether the touchpad works or not.
ASUS touchpad scroll not working windows 10
It is quite a common problem with laptops that the touchpad stops working or gets frozen. There can be a couple of reasons behind it.
You might have pressed a combination of keys that lead in your touchpad getting frozen. This problem can easily be solved by pressing the combination of the key. Follow these steps to get your problem solved –
- Check on the keyboard of your Asus Laptop from F1 to F12, and look for a key that has a touch-pad icon.
- Then press FN and then press the key that has the touchpad icon.
- Check whether your touchpad works or not.
How to enable ASUS touchpad on a laptop
On many occasions, you will find your Touchpad of Asus laptop is getting frozen, and there is some simple reason behind it.
However, there is no need to get frustrated; you can easily solve it by following some of the very easy steps. When your Touchpad freezes, there is a huge possibility that your driver might be out of date. Here are the steps that you need to follow in such a situation –
- Press on the Windows key and the R key together.
- A run dialog box will appear.
- Type – devmgmt.msc in the dialog box.
- Press on Enter
- Then go to Mice and Other Pointing Devices.
- Find the Touchpad Driver in that option, right-click on it.
- Click on Update Driver Software.
- It will start updating and then install it after it has been updated.
In case this doesn’t work, or you face any kind of problem with your Asus Laptop. Here is what you need to do –
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Go to Device Manager.
- Un-install the touchpad driver
- To Un-install it, you need to click on the Touchpad driver.
- Or you can press on Windows and R key together.
- The Run dialogue box will appear.
- You need to type appwiz.cpl in the run box.
- Your driver will be uninstalled.
ASUS touchpad bottom buttons not working
There can be many reasons why your ASUS laptop touchpad buttons are not working. One of the many reasons is that it might have accidentally got disabled.
By following some easy steps, you can enable the Touchpad on your ASUS laptop. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Press on the Windows Key.
- Type ‘Touchpad’ on it.
- Click on Enter.
Press the Windows Key and I key together.
Go to Devices.
Then click on Touchpad.
- Check whether the Touchpad toggle is in an Off position or not.
- If it is in an ‘off’ position, you need to turn it ‘On.’
- Just click on it to turn it ‘On.’
If you are only using a keyboard, you can click on the Tab key to go from one option to another. When you need to change the Toggle from Off to On, click on the Spacebar.
ASUS touchpad keeps freezing
If you have a problem with the Touchpad of your ASUS laptop, which keeps on freezing, it might be because of any issue occurring to the Driver.
Either the driver is out-of-date, or it is no further suitable for your Asus Laptop. You can easily solve this problem by following these easy steps –
- Press on Windows Key and the X key together.
- It will open the Win + X menu.
- You will get the option ‘Device Manager.’
- Click on ‘Device Manager.’
- On it, you will get a Mice and Other Pointing Devices.
- Click on it.
- You will get an option Update Driver when you right-click on it.
- Your driver will be automatically updated.
If this does not work, you can surely download a driver updater application to diagnose and solve it. Here is how you can do it –
- Download the driver updater.
- Install and run it.
- It will scan your Asus Laptop for any problems related to your out of date driver.
- It will check which is the best driver for your Asus laptop, and suggest a driver that suits your laptop.
- You can download and update it.
- If you find any problem, even after that, you can easily uninstall it.