Why Does My Samsung TV have No Sound?
A Samsung TV can have no sound because the speakers are turned off, the TV is connected to an external device like earphones, or when the mute button is on.
Samsung TV’s are trending a lot these days because of their sleek look and modern functionalities.
The issue of Samsung TV’s not having sound occurs once in a while, especially if the user is unfamiliar with the TV’s functionality.
Therefore, you should read through the user manual that comes with the TV. It will help you become familiar with all the functionalities and get rid of small problems.
Given below are some of the most common causes of this problem:
- Speakers: If the TV does not have sound, but the video is perfect, then the speakers might be turned off. This is one of the most common reasons since speakers might get turned off by mistake while browsing other functionalities.
- External devices like earphones: External audio devices are also one of the major causes of this issue. If you connect earphones or other devices to the TV, the sound goes off. You should check whether these devices are connected properly or not.
- The mute button on the remote: If the Samsung TV does not have sound, the first thing to check is the mute feature. If the mute button is pressed, then the TV will not generate any sound.
Why does the sound on my Samsung TV keep cutting out?
While watching TV, there are times when the sound may cut out for a few seconds.
After some time, it might come back, and this can happen quite often, and this problem can be extremely troublesome.
Below are the major causes of this problem and their solutions to get rid of the problem.
- Samsung TV Anynet: When you encounter such an issue with a Samsung TV, it is better to turn off the Anynet option. Anynet is a feature that allows users to customize all the hardware features.
- Open the menus on the Samsung TV.
- Select System.
- Then, choose Anynet. By default, it will be turned on.
- Turn off Anynet.
- Check if the issue persists.
- Power related problems: Sometimes, a fluctuating power supply can also cause the problem of sound cutting out for short intervals. To resolve this issue, unplug the TV from the power outlet. Wait for a few minutes and then plug it back in. Switch on the TV and check if the issue still persists.
If none of the methods mentioned above are helpful, get in touch with Samsung’s customer support team.
Samsung TV-no sound troubleshooting
Samsung TV has numerous reasons and causes for not supporting sound.
Here are some steps that help with troubleshooting sound issues on Samsung TVs. If none of the solutions are working, you should follow these steps to resolve the issue.
- Select the Settings option.
- Next, select the Sound option.
- From the list of sound options, select Sound Output, and check if it is set to the TV speaker.
You should run a sound test to restore the audio:
- Select the Settings option.
- Then, select Support.
- Select Self Diagnosis from the list.
- Then, select the Sound Test.
If the test spots a problem with the sound, go to Settings, select Sound, then select Expert Settings, and open Reset Sound.
If the test does not spot any problems, check the signal strength as well. It is important to make sure that the signal strength is more than 20db.
Open the signal strength from the Settings menu option.
How to fix a Samsung TV that has no sound
There are times when Samsung TV does not support sound. The various causes of this issue have been listed in the previous sections.
It is important to identify the root cause of the issue and then try to get rid of it.
Given below are some of the most effective methods to solve sound problems on a Samsung TV.
- Mute button: First, it is important to check the mute functionality. If it is pressed, press again to unmute it and restore the audio.
- The volume of external devices: If you are using any external audio devices, it is important to check the devices’ volume level. Increase the level of sound, if not audible. If the issue remains, disconnect the audio device from the TV.
- Turn on the speakers of the TV: Check if the TV speakers are turned off accidentally. The steps to reach TV speakers have been mentioned in the troubleshooting section.
Apply all the solutions mentioned above, one after the other, to resolve this issue.
If these solutions are not helpful, feel free to try all the other methods such as unplugging the TV, troubleshooting sound, etc., mentioned in the previous sections.
If the issue persists, contact the Samsung support team to receive guidance and advice on this issue.
How to reset sound on a Samsung TV
The sound test feature is available in Samsung TV’s to help identify the causes for any sound-related issues.
After finishing the sound test, it is extremely important to reset the sound if major problems are detected via the test.
- Select the Settings option from the list.
- Select Sound and then select Expert Settings.
- Next, select the Reset sound option.
A dialog box appears asking the user to reset sound settings. Select Yes and exit the settings.
Resetting the sound on Samsung TV’s is an extremely effective method to get rid of all sound-related issues. You should follow the steps properly and check if the issue persists.
Samsung TV-no sound or picture
Samsung TV’s also face issues regarding the video or picture on the screen. While the TV is on, the screen might turn black as the video disappears.
The various ways to retrieve sound on Samsung TVs have been listed in the previous sections.
Given below are some of the ways to get a picture back on that disappears:
- Check whether the TV is on: When the screen goes black suddenly, it is important to check whether the Samsung TV is on or off. Press the Home/Menu button on the remote. If the menu is seen on the screen, then the TV is on.
- Check the source: Secondly, check whether the TV is linked with the right source. If the default source is HDMI 1, then connect it and restart the TV.
- Check the One Connect cable: For a Samsung TV with a One Connect box, it is important to check if the cable is connected properly to the TV.
Resolve all loose connections as soon as possible.
- Remove the One Connect box: Disconnect the One Connect box to see if an error appears on the screen. If an error message appears, the One Connect box has some fault and should be replaced to get back the picture.
- If no error appears, then it is recommended to contact the Samsung support team for assistance.
Samsung TV has no sound through HDMI
As mentioned earlier, it is important to set the right source on the Samsung TV to get rid of all sound and video-related issues.
Generally, this issue might occur if the TV is connected to external audio or video devices via the HDMI. These external devices include set-top boxes, DVD players, home theatres, etc.
To resolve the issue, one of the most basic steps that can be applied is to change the audio output of the source.
The PCM audio is the right option since it will help get back the TV’s sound. Usually, there are cases when the source’s audio output is set to Bitstream.
It is important to read the TV’s user manual to get detailed information about the appropriate audio output for various sources.
If the issue is not resolved, connect to the Samsung Help Center and request a TV service.
Samsung TV no sound on one channel
Getting back sound on a Samsung TV and resolving the issue is indeed a tedious task that needs to be accomplished to enjoy entertainment.
Often, there are times when the audio is perfect except for one or a few channels. This also has a wide array of causes, reasons, and solutions to overcome.
As already mentioned, the solutions and methods discussed in the previous sections are applicable to solve all kinds of problems related to audio or pictures.
Therefore, those solutions can be applied to solve this problem as well. To start with, check the power outlet of the TV. For this, switch off the TV, unplug it, wait for a few minutes, and plug it again.
Next, it is important to check the signal strength. The ideal strength is about 20db or higher, as mentioned earlier.
A sound test is also a beneficial functionality to help detect any problems with the audio. Above all, check the user manual of a particular Samsung TV to find quick solutions to unexpected problems.
If the solutions applied do not generate the best result, you should contact the Samsung support team because they would be the only solution to overcome all the problems related to sounds or pictures.